Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
See you later never goodbye
sdm100 - Wednesday, 8 January, 2014, at 10:08:10 am
Finally sold my 98 Boxster. Was a difficult decision but cant keep every car. Have followed the board since I got the car and want to thank all for their input and help with mods which the new owner will greatly benefit from. A big shout out to Maurice who over the years was more than patient when we got together in CT and who's knowledge was invaluable. He and Cynthia were always a pleasure to see again. As for me decided to make the move to a 996 turbo so some of the knowledge on the 986 will be very useful when I start doing some modifications to that car. Of course my first move is to let my friend who purchased my car become a member of this board. Hope to see some you down the road thumbs up

Don't be a stranger ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 8 January, 2014, at 5:47:48 pm
... PedrosBoard welcomes every Porsche enthusiast no matter what Porsche they are driving.

Although, I must say that something strange happens to Boxster owners who downgrade to the Carrera.
They really turn to the Dark Side.
One of my best friends used to have a Boxster and we would chat and hang out regularly.
He downgraded to the 991 about a year ago.
I saw him briefly one day when he brought his 991 over so I could see it.
Never again have I seen him and infrequently do I even know he's still around.
The Dark Side is powerful.
May the force be with you.
Name of my BFF withheld to protect the not-so-innocent. winking smiley
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2014 06:39PM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
"It's all about forgiveness" *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 8 January, 2014, at 9:52:44 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
You're forgiven ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 10 January, 2014, at 7:16:55 pm
... when you repent.
Are you repenting about ditching your Boxster for a 991?
or, are you repenting for ditching your buddy? winking smiley
Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Hey I am still here!
Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S) - Thursday, 9 January, 2014, at 10:19:06 am
Good community and good tech information. Why leave?

Peace
Bruce in Philly
smileys with beer *NM*
Harvey in FL - Thursday, 9 January, 2014, at 10:54:12 am
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2014 10:59AM by Harvey in FL. (view changes)
Re: See you later never goodbye
sdm100 - Thursday, 9 January, 2014, at 1:35:21 pm
Thanks all I will now just split my time between here and the 996 turbo board. Keeping some of my 986 interior parts which I will use on the turbo
Clarkaddison - Monday, 13 January, 2014, at 7:01:53 pm
I sold my Boxster two years ago and bought a 1995 Carrera 4. Went back to my air-cooled roots. Beautiful car, but the only ugly part was the huge 4-spoke steering wheel.

Problem solved. Got a 3-spoke wheel from a 986. It' s black against a blue interior, but there's enough black on the dash to make it look original. The wheel is only slightly smaller but looks a lot smaller, and feels better, especially with the 10 to 2 bumps, which the 4-spoke lacked. So there's still a bit of Boxster in my 993.
Nice - congratulations! *NM*
Meredith in Atlanta - Tuesday, 14 January, 2014, at 7:42:15 pm
Rev Dennis - Friday, 31 January, 2014, at 8:46:37 pm
Very nice. I like the color also
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login