Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Greetings,

I need to get a new clutch and the prices in Vancouver BC are running between $2,200 - $3,500 CDN $.

Does anyone know of a decent garage in Bellingham or Seattle that could do a clutch for me in the same day.
I figure I could drive down at 6 AM and be onsite around 8-9 then the car could cool until 10 or so and then the work could be done.

Even in Point Roberts.

do you think I could beat these prices?

Liam
were on hand before the job started and the job started at 8am.

Even so it would take a very experienced and lucky tech to do it in that amount of time.

You'd have to be lucky too. For instance, the shop may find the flywheel in need of resurfacing, and that's a day's time at least, maybe two days. If the flywheel is found to be bad (its dual mass feature should be tested/checked before re-installing) then you're looking at a day or more (most likely more) to get the new flywheel in house.

Unless you just assume the worst and have a new flywheel, flywheel bolts, etc. ordered an on hand before the job is started.

Then there is likely to be a problem with one (or more) exhaust system bolts. In removing the passenger's side exhaust system (header/converter) from my Boxster to remove the camshaft cover the tech had a bolt snap in two. One of the 3 that hold the exhaust header and the exhaust pipe together. Took extra time to remove the snapped off bolt. These bolts may not be stocked either.

Most businesses nowadays stock little in the way of parts to keep overhead down. They pay a bit more in shipping costs but most pass this on to the customer.

Prices I don't know. You might find an indy that can do the job for less...

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login