Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I did it!!!!! Just signed up
Joanne in OC - Saturday, 18 January, 2014, at 10:38:41 pm
For my first driving controlled event with PCA and then autocross the next day, Feb 8 & 9. Now I'll really be able to feel how the car handles and responds. I still only have 3500 miles on my car. Haven't driven in 3 weeks, but will be able to start driving it again tomorrow!!! Can't wait smiling smiley

I'm just hoping our 85 degree weather holds up for the next few weeks

Joanne
Is this your region's Car Control Clinic?
grant - Sunday, 19 January, 2014, at 11:40:58 am
It sounds like it. Those are fantastic events - generally with a slalom, two skidpads, threshold braking. Following it with an autocross allows you to apply what you just learned. CCCs are always popular here in NNJR - generally they sell out instantly. We'd do more if we knew how. (Instructor logistics).

Have a great time. Don't get too addicted. Or do :-)

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Yes, Orange Coast Region of PCA
Joanne in OC - Monday, 20 January, 2014, at 12:33:39 am
They have the car controlled clinics 1 x a year. Autocross is every month. I've gone to a few of the autocrosses just to watch and ride along. Have also gone to other track events and ride along. I enjoy being a passenger especially when I'm with someone who knows how to drive. Very exhilarating and I know I won't drive like them. I finally decided that since I haven't been able to use very much of the power of this new 981 that the only way to experience it is at the CCC and autocross. I'm sure I'll be addicted. That's another reason I didn't do it in the past. Once you start, it's hard to stop.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Joanne
Its quite safe, quite easy on the car, quite limited commitment of time and money - at least compared to the track.

AND its the far better place to learn to slide a car - doing so on the track has consequences.

If only there were more driving and less standing around, but then, standing around is a chance to a) watch and b) socialize with fellow gear-heads.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Very True
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 21 January, 2014, at 12:45:08 am
I have had my prior car on the track a couple of times, but was just trying to get used to it. Have also been to a number of autocrosses to both watch and socialize. I did learn quite a bit while watching. The guys would tell me what was done right and wrong. Was able to see the consequences of different responses, which was helpful in regular driving.

I think I'm going to learn quite a bit and am really looking forward to it.

Joanne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login