Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
new to Porsches
cipherkate - Wednesday, 22 January, 2014, at 4:59:04 pm
I just bought a 2014 Cayman last month and I will probably never drive anything but a Porsche again. smiling smiley I have a few questions...what are some good Porsche groups or clubs in the Atlanta area? I hear a lot about laser jammers, etc...are there any good ones? Do they really help? Advice is welcome and appreciated, thanks!
Welcome to Pedro's Board
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 22 January, 2014, at 5:43:38 pm
Congratulations on getting your Cayman. You will absolutely love the car. It will be even better once you get past the 2K miles break in period and can start revving it past that 4,200 RPM mark so you can really enjoy what I call the Symphony in Flat Six.

We'd love to see some pictures of your car. (see the instructions near the top left of the website on how to post pictures.)

What colour and options did you get?

As for club, I'd recommend joining PCA (Porsche Club of America), which is the largest car club in the world. They offer lots of social and driving events along with an excellent monthly magazine called Panorama. You can find out more and sign up here.
[www.pca.org]

One great event that comes around each year at the beginning of June is the Blue Ridge Boxster Summit where you get to meet some great people and drive some great twisties.

Looking forward to see some pictures and hear more about your Cayman.
Hey Kate!
Meredith in Atlanta - Wednesday, 22 January, 2014, at 5:51:39 pm
I joined PCA before - the only downside is that everything is on the North side of town - mostly Perimeter and North (Alpharetta)...

We used to have a really active group here in Atlanta that met outside of PCA... I'd love to get us all together again - not sure who is here on Pedros Board these days.

You gonna do autocross??

Glad you made it here - it's a great group of people, and very welcoming! smiling smiley Cheers! Mer
Welcome!...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 22 January, 2014, at 6:00:50 pm
... we've been waiting to see you around here ever since Meredith told us about you.
There are quite a few Atlanta Porsche owners that hang out here, and they really are a great group of people.
I'm sure they'll start chiming in.
As Guenter said, make sure you make plans to attend this year's Blue Ridge Boxster Summit.
Although the name says Boxster it really should read Porsche.
Happy Porsche'ing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
It really is alot of fun smiling smiley
Joanne in OC - Wednesday, 22 January, 2014, at 6:36:21 pm
Another girl to add to our antics the finger smiley

Still trying to think of something for this year. I didn't do anything last year, Had my mom with me, not sure what she would have thought if I did another silly stunt.

Welcome to the Board. Everyone here is very helpful and have lots of good info.

Joanne
Re: new to Porsches
cipherkate - Friday, 24 January, 2014, at 12:09:21 pm
Thanks everyone! Guenter, it was my dealership's service car for a short time but that dealer needs more Cayennes and Panameras so they took it out straight away. So it was broken in before I got it which provided me with a fantastic deal and not needing to hold back on the throttle. smiling smiley I will post some pics later today. She's silver and beautiful and her name is Charlize. smiling smiley Blue Ridge sounds awesome and I will join PCA.

Hi Mer!!! smiling smiley
Re: new to Porsches
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 24 January, 2014, at 1:45:34 pm
Wow! Charlize sounds like a real beauty. While Porsches look terrific in any colour, to me THE Porsche colour is silver - just like the first Porsche. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Glad that you've been able to put your right foot down. So I imagine you've notice that the flat six REALLY starts to sound fabulous once you get it up into the 5 - 7000 RPM range. smiling bouncing smiley

Welcome to the family!
jg wnc - Wednesday, 29 January, 2014, at 4:50:56 pm
I am a member of PCA, but not especially active. They moved all the autocrosses to Atlanta Motor Speedway which is more than an hour from where I live. I just am not excited about driving 2+ hours down to Hampton and back for 4-5 runs at around 2 minutes apiece. When they find a place to do autocross closer to town, I will participate again.

Definitely make BRBS. And Mer, I am sure others from the ATL crowd would welcome a chance to connect for a beverage and some fellowship.
Re: Welcome to the family!
eicheldp - Wednesday, 29 January, 2014, at 8:56:09 pm
Welcome jg,
I look forward to meeting you at the BRBS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login