Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
After 13 years of Boxster ownership, and not having a garage, we have gone through a few car covers.
Our latest is the NOAH cover from Covercraft....full write-up here:
[www.rainydaymagazine.com]
Click on any of the images for a larger version.

Thanks for the writeup. I've had a Cover Craft Evolution that I've used since 2006. It doesn't take near the beating yours does since I only put it on in the garage during winter storage. It fit my 987 very well, including the mirror pockets. I decided to keep it and am using it on my 981. It's a bit tight and you can only get one side mirror into a pocket, but it keeps the dust off for the 4 months. It still looks like new with no wear spots.
I also had one of the silver ones made by porsche
Steve (Morro Bay) - Saturday, 25 January, 2014, at 10:54:20 am
It too fell apart at the seams. I have re-sewn some of the torn parts, but I expect that the whole thing needs will ultimately need to be re-sewn. Maybe they switched to a thread which is especially damaged by UV light.
With regards to our second OEM silver cover, both the seam AND the fabric were sub-par.
The seams came apart (which we can fix), but the material itself disintegrated...which we could not fix when the rips got too large:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2014 08:35AM by RainyDayGarage. (view changes)
Maybe I'm a better person for the seams failing. As a direct result, I now own a sewing machine that I can actually operate!
I have a slightly used Silvergard with Porsche logo for a 986. I think it was $279 new. Someone make me an offer. It needs to move.
A few storms past through New England this week...gave the new Covercraft cover a nice workout.
We are happy to report that it passed with flying colors.
The cover kept the moisture off the car, did NOT freeze onto it, and lifted off cleanly even when crusted over.

About 10" of snow of varying wetness (wet/heavy - light and fluffy) fell onto the cover over the course of 10 hours on Tuesday.
After pushing off the layer of snow, there was a nice crust still on the cover.

Lifting the cover revealed that no moisture had seeped underneath to freeze it onto the car...which had been a problem with the OEM cover. NICE!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2014 02:38PM by RainyDayGarage. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login