Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
clip I might end up further up the hill!

AWD you know.

Powerful cars like the Corvette, the Turbo -- to name just two -- can get away from one before one knows it. Not too many years ago a car with the performance of a modern 'vette or similar car would have been a supercar. And not too many years before that an out and out race car, sans the posh interior and road legal stuff.

We have access to some very awesome cars. But they can bite and bite hard.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Do you suppose he had turned off the traction control
Roger987 - Monday, 24 January, 2011, at 9:07:39 am
so as to impress his buddies with the wheelspin?

WE wouldn't do that, would we?
the tires to impress anyone.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
A little drift is fun, but
Red_Lightnin! - Tuesday, 25 January, 2011, at 10:23:29 am
You need to spend time on the skidpad first learning how to control the car!

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Dilithium Crystal Supercharger
Re: Do you suppose he had turned off the traction control
DFW02S - Tuesday, 25 January, 2011, at 5:53:06 pm
And I think he simply forgot to lift until it was in the dirt. It's not the first time I've seen it happen.
MarcW
clip I might end up further up the hill!

AWD you know.

Powerful cars like the Corvette, the Turbo -- to name just two -- can get away from one before one knows it. Not too many years ago a car with the performance of a modern 'vette or similar car would have been a supercar. And not too many years before that an out and out race car, sans the posh interior and road legal stuff.

We have access to some very awesome cars. But they can bite and bite hard.

Sincerely,

MarcW.

I dunno about that one--I did many, many things in my 01 Turbo. Literally put 10K on track miles on it, and the only time I ever spun was when I had a wiring issue that caused the ABS to fault. Tearing down the front straight of TWS, triple digit speeds, on the brakes, the rears lock up, and I knew as soon as I eased off the brakes, it was going to grab, and it did. Spin.

I suppose if you drive like a ham fisted clown, anythng may be possible. If there's a harder car to induce an oversteer spin from launching, than the Turbo, I'm not sure what it would be. As for the guy in the Corvette, I bet he wishes he had put both feet in, instead of staying on the gas as long as he did. Saw the same stuff at the track, but typically with Vipers. They'd be too hard on the throttle coming off the last turn onto the front straight, and be oversteering. Instead of giving up and putting both feet in, the guy tries to be a hero and drive through the oversteer. Spun down into the bottom of the track and hit the pit wall, hard. As Dirty Harry said--a good man knows his limitations. smiling smiley Or, "If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough".

Current Porsche: PCA Club Coupe 2 of 50

Past: 02 986 S

01 996 Turbo

00 Millenium Coupe

99 996 C2

99 Boxster
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login