Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
PB get-together at Sebring ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 3 February, 2014, at 10:44:42 am
A few PB members came to see Porsches playing at the largest Club race in the World: The 48 Hours at Sebring.
We had close to 400 Porches on the track (not all at once) during our 21st 48 Hours event.
It's a lot of work, it takes over 200 volunteers and two PCA Regions (Gold Coast and Suncoast) to make it happen.
Although it was cold and rainny on Thursday and friday, the sun came out mid-day on saturday and everything warmed up and dried up.
We had some great Sprint races (day and night) and well as three Enduro races and, of course, Advanced Solo (day and night) as well as a Regional Challenge Autocross.
This event should be on every Porsche enthusiast's bucket list.
See if you can make it next year!

[i83.photobucket.com]
From left to right: yours truly (Gold Coast Region PCA), Carlos and Maria (Everglades Region PCA) and Harvey (Suncoast Region PCA)
BTW, nice hats!

Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
You can also get ....
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 3 February, 2014, at 10:54:05 am
... some really cool T-Shirts, Jackets, hats, etc. to bring back to friends and family from our Goodie Sore!

[i83.photobucket.com]
Somebody at Show-and-Tell will be saying this morning: "Look what Papapa brought me from Sebring!"

Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

Sure is one happy looking grandson.
Re: PB get-together at Sebring ...
dewyacht - Monday, 3 February, 2014, at 12:13:21 pm
Good morning Pedro,
It was good to see you and work with you again this weekend at Tech and Scales. What a fabulous event, no Porschefile should miss this experience. Next year I look forward to getting out on the track with you and Darryl, three white Boxsters en masse.
See you in three weeks!!

David White

PS: Just signed up to your site this AM
Welcome to the Board...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 4 February, 2014, at 11:39:43 am
... It was good to be at Sebring and get a chance to rub elbows with so many friends, old and new.
It's by far my all-time favorite track in the whole wide world.
We're so lucky to have it in our own back yard and in our own PCS Region (Gold Coast).
Hope you can make the field next year!
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Re: Welcome to the Board...
dewyacht - Wednesday, 5 February, 2014, at 11:33:28 am
Good morning Pedro,
You are absolutely right, we are very fortunate to have one of the greatest tracks in the world right in our back yard. I like your quotes at the bottom of your posts, I have one that I like very much as well, by Paul Newman. Talking about starting racing in his 40's "You've got about 20 good years of racing, it doesn't matter which 20". Are you going to be at Sebring later this month? If so I'll see you then.
David
Naples986,
Thanks, I'm not sure what PRBS is? Pedro mentioned a Boxster tour in the Smokies in May, is that what you are referring too? Do you DE at Sebring? Will you be at the Feb. 22-23 event? If so I look forward to seeing you there.
Regards,
David
dewyacht
Naples986,
Thanks, I'm not sure what PRBS is? Pedro mentioned a Boxster tour in the Smokies in May, is that what you are referring too? Do you DE at Sebring? Will you be at the Feb. 22-23 event? If so I look forward to seeing you there.
Regards,
David

I think what Pedro mentioned is likely BRBS. It's in the Blue Ridge mountains of NC. Fabulous scenery and even better Porsche roads and people. (Just my biased opinion smiling smiley ) More info here:
[www.brbs.org]
Guenter in Ontario
dewyacht
Naples986,
Regards,
David

I think what Pedro mentioned is likely BRBS. It's in the Blue Ridge mountains of NC. Fabulous scenery and even better Porsche roads and people. (Just my biased opinion smiling smiley ) More info here:
[www.brbs.org]

You can also go this board's home page and scroll down to the Blue Ridge Boxster Summit forum and read up on previous years. G Man is right, great roads and life long friends.
dewyacht
Naples986,
Regards,
David

Can't make to this month's DE, maybe next time.
Thanks to all, I'll check out the other website and thread on this board. I used to go to the Blue-ridge Parkway/mountains when I was a kid, love the area and know it will be a great place to drive, especially with a group of Porsches. I'll have to check our schedule, but look forward to making the trip sometime soon. smileys with beer
BLKBOXS - Wednesday, 5 February, 2014, at 9:13:26 pm
Pedro (Weston, FL)
A few PB members came to see Porsches playing at the largest Club race in the World: The 48 Hours at Sebring.
We had close to 400 Porches on the track (not all at once) during our 21st 48 Hours event.
It's a lot of work, it takes over 200 volunteers and two PCA Regions (Gold Coast and Suncoast) to make it happen.
Although it was cold and rainny on Thursday and friday, the sun came out mid-day on saturday and everything warmed up and dried up.
We had some great Sprint races (day and night) and well as three Enduro races and, of course, Advanced Solo (day and night) as well as a Regional Challenge Autocross.
This event should be on every Porsche enthusiast's bucket list.
See if you can make it next year!

[i83.photobucket.com]
From left to right: yours truly (Gold Coast Region PCA), Carlos and Maria (Everglades Region PCA) and Harvey (Suncoast Region PCA)
BTW, nice hats!

Happy Porsche'ing,
Pedro

What a great looking group. This makes me want to join the Gold/Everglades/Suncoast PCA Teams. This part time upper Canada region member has no pictures to show.

That's it Carlos...I am getting my real estate license and I will start working for you. ....I will need all sunny afternoon off...is that OKgrinning smiley

MIKELLIG
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 5 February, 2014, at 9:28:56 pm
BLKBOXS

That's it Carlos...I am getting my real estate license and I will start working for you. ....I will need all sunny afternoon off...is that OKgrinning smiley

In other words, you don't plan on working afternoons.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login