Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
New to the Board
SciGuy in MI - Friday, 7 February, 2014, at 3:14:15 pm
Just a word to say hello from a newly-registered member (but long-time lurker), after recently placing an order for a Boxster S. I've visited this board occasionally over the years, prior to and throughout ownership of another German sports car. I'm glad to be here now as a (nearly) fully-qualified member. Oh, and the car is expected to be here just in time for top-down motoring.

Jim in Michigan
2014 Amaranth Red Boxster S
(due in April)
Welcome to the board SciGuy
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 7 February, 2014, at 3:47:28 pm
So you're anxiously awaiting the arrival of Spring and MORE IMPORTANTLY the arrival of your new 981S. I know the feeling as I ordered mine mid May last year. It was one of the first 2014's built in June and I picked it up July 25 (early Christmas present smiling bouncing smiley ). All I can say is that you are in for an awesome treat!!!!!!!!!! You will absolutely love the car.

We would love to know colour of your car and options you ordered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2014 03:59PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Re: Welcome to the board SciGuy
SciGuy in MI - Friday, 7 February, 2014, at 4:20:22 pm
Thanks, and here's the build:

Amaranth Red exterior
Brown top
Luxor Beige interior
Manual transmission
Std 19” Boxster S wheels, colored center caps
PASM
PTV
Power Steering Plus
Power Sport Seats w/Memory Pkg
Premium Pkg
SportDesign Steering Wheel
BOSE
SiriusXM
Roll bars in exterior color
Rear fascia in exterior color

Yes, indeed, we're looking forward to Spring even more than usual this year.
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 7 February, 2014, at 5:31:41 pm
Wow! That sounds like you've optioned it really well.

Manual transmission. smileys with beer . I absolutely love mine. It has a smooth and positive action.

The dealer where I bought by my car has a Boxster (non S) in Amaranth Red. It's a sporty looking colour. It suits the Boxster really well.
[london.porschedealer.com]

I love the look and feel of the Sport Design Steering Wheel.

When does the dealer expect to get your car in? Is it on a ship already so you can track it?
SciGuy in MI - Friday, 7 February, 2014, at 7:38:41 pm
Guenter in Ontario

...When does the dealer expect to get your car in? Is it on a ship already so you can track it?

It's scheduled to be built in March, with the dealer expecting delivery in April. We just received a "comm #" (??) and copy of the build sheet today.

Jim in Michigan
(due in April)
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 7 February, 2014, at 8:44:00 pm
SciGuy

It's scheduled to be built in March, with the dealer expecting delivery in April. We just received a "comm #" (??) and copy of the build sheet today.

Not positive about that number, but that's like the day it's put into the computer system so all the parts get ordered. I believe that's the time the car gets its VIN number. At Porsche, the parts arrive at the factory when the car is being built (I'm guessing maybe a day or two before they're needed.)

Here's the timeline for my car:

May 16 ordered (car order had been locked but dealer was able to get it unlocked by contacting Porsche and had specs changed to what I wanted.)
June 10 build Started
June 14 build Done
June 24 shipped to Emden ( shipping yard in Germany)
July 2 loaded on Ship and left Emden
Once my car was loaded on the ship, my dealer gave me the name of the ship and I was able to track the ship online.
July 12 arrived Halifax, NS and unloaded
July 22 arrived at dealer

Depending on where you live, your car would be shipped to either NJ for east coast or San Diego west coast delivery. (Assuming you're in the US)
SciGuy in MI - Saturday, 8 February, 2014, at 8:18:01 am
Guenter in Ontario
SciGuy

...Here's the timeline for my car:

May 16 ordered (car order had been locked but dealer was able to get it unlocked by contacting Porsche and had specs changed to what I wanted.)
June 10 build Started
June 14 build Done
June 24 shipped to Emden ( shipping yard in Germany)
July 2 loaded on Ship and left Emden
Once my car was loaded on the ship, my dealer gave me the name of the ship and I was able to track the ship online.
July 12 arrived Halifax, NS and unloaded
July 22 arrived at dealer

Depending on where you live, your car would be shipped to either NJ for east coast or San Diego west coast delivery. (Assuming you're in the US)

Your timeline sounds roughly consistent with what our dealer told us -- 2-3 months from order to delivery. BTW, the photos of the Amaranth Red 981 at your dealer are very nice -- thanks for including them. We had originally planned to get our 981S in a completely different color -- Dark Blue Metallic -- but were smitten with the slightly brownish tone of Amaranth Red when we saw it in the flesh. Can't hardly wait!

Jim in Michigan
(due in April)
That's a nice car!
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 10 February, 2014, at 9:39:44 am
Welcome to the Board.
Glad you stopped lurking.
Show us pics as soon as you get it.
You are now an official waiter.
Happy Waiting,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
First big road trip: BRBS?
Boxsterra - Friday, 7 February, 2014, at 4:30:29 pm
Re: First big road trip: BRBS?
SciGuy in MI - Friday, 7 February, 2014, at 7:43:49 pm
Boxsterra
[brbs.org]

Oooh, tempting. We've been to Little Switzerland before -- going to have to check our schedule.

Jim in Michigan
(due in April)
Re: First big road trip: BRBS?
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 7 February, 2014, at 8:46:39 pm
SciGuy

Oooh, tempting. We've been to Little Switzerland before -- going to have to check our schedule.

You'd love it. There are usually 90 - 100 Porsches - mostly Boxsters and about 160 people. It's a fantastic event and the people are really great.
+1 *NM*
Boxsterra - Monday, 10 February, 2014, at 9:12:35 am
Welcome!
grant - Sunday, 9 February, 2014, at 9:00:04 am
Aside from all the info you can get here, never underestimate the community - joining PCA, going to independent events (like BRBS etc) can b tremendous fun and generate friendships that transcend cars. Four of us PCA-ers just returned from 6 days of snow-bashing n Colorado last night. What a week! Talk about treacherous downhill essses :-)

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login