Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
This is a Gremlin!
Looks like it's been driven on Ontario roads in winter. Hasn't likely seen a coat of wax in decades.
Ahh, the first "wide" economy/compact car, as I believe AMC would claim in commercials. There have been barn finds of cars from the 40s that are in better shape than this thing. Talk about neglect.
Sort of looks like a Chukka boot on wheels
MikenOH - Monday, 10 February, 2014, at 5:23:53 pm
And this is how they sold them:
[www.youtube.com]

For all of you wondering how it drove..:
[www.youtube.com]

The braking test from 70 mph was priceless...
Re: Sort of looks like a Chukka boot on wheels
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 10 February, 2014, at 5:45:59 pm
MikenOH
The braking test from 70 mph was priceless...

Well .....It did live up (or is it down) to it's name. That slalom test looks REALLY scary.
Guenter--if you have a chance
MikenOH - Monday, 10 February, 2014, at 6:39:05 pm
Look up some of those other road tests that were done on that format--lots of muscle cars there.
One in particular--1969 440 GTX; 375HP/3 spd auto that did 0-60 in a bit over 7 seconds.

There are probably dozens of sedans that could best that performance today; lower weight, better suspensions, better tires all add up to faster acceleration and better handling cars--at a price.

I always thought I'd want to own an example of Detroit's muscle cars from the 60's for that occasional drive down memory lane, but for what a fraction they cost these days, you can get a modern day car that can run circles around it.
Re: Guenter--if you have a chance
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 10 February, 2014, at 7:49:03 pm
MikenOH
Look up some of those other road tests that were done on that format--lots of muscle cars there.
One in particular--1969 440 GTX; 375HP/3 spd auto that did 0-60 in a bit over 7 seconds.

There are probably dozens of sedans that could best that performance today; lower weight, better suspensions, better tires all add up to faster acceleration and better handling cars--at a price.

I always thought I'd want to own an example of Detroit's muscle cars from the 60's for that occasional drive down memory lane, but for what a fraction they cost these days, you can get a modern day car that can run circles around it.

Hey Mike, I'm aware of those muscle car performances. They sound good. They were fast in their time as long as you had a straight stretch of road. But, handling was quite another story. Just not my cup of tea.

Progress is pretty amazing. When you look at Nurburgring times, a 981S making it in 7:58 is only 2 seconds slower than a 2000 Porsche Turbo. That really is pretty impressive.

...hmmmm, that gets me to wondering which suspension that record setting 981S had. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login