Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Guenter--getting tired of snow yet?angry smiley
MikenOH - Tuesday, 18 February, 2014, at 9:57:32 am
Not sure if guys got hit by the same system we did, but a storm came through last night dropping about 5" in a few hours with big winds and a 12" drift across our rather long driveway. I keep hoping our plow guy shows up sometime soon..

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
True...like is a series of trade-offs cool smiley
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 18 February, 2014, at 4:01:41 pm

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
C'mon Gary your killin us up here! *NM*
DougW - Tuesday, 18 February, 2014, at 9:23:30 pm
That's why we have ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 18 February, 2014, at 6:54:24 pm
... three of the best tracks in the world!
Sebring, Daytona and Homestead-Miami.
Now, if could only get a few hills.
Happy Porsche'ing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Was up shovelling at 6 AM this morning. It's blowing a bit here too. I don't think we got quite 5" this time, but anything we're getting now, I'm trying to find places to put it. Snow banks at the side of the road have crept at least 3' onto the roads, making them pretty narrow. Pulling out of the driveway is always a crap shoot because you can't see what's coming until you're out on the road.
You're all welcome to come visit Sunny So Cal smoking smiley
Joanne in OC - Monday, 24 February, 2014, at 3:55:11 pm
It's been in the 80s...... But now we're on "storm watch", they think we may get some rain in 2 days. We really don't know what that is anymore. It's been summer here all winter. I'm actually quite enjoying. My jacquizzi is in and just relaxing on the lake in the sunshine.

We do have curves on roads here. I'm now getting a little accustomed to my new 981 after the driver's ed. I didn't realize that I really wasn't driving my car. Now I do!!!! and it's even more fun..... Alll smiles here smiling bouncing smiley grinning smiley

Please come, it'll give me another excuse to go for a nice long drive

Joanne
Joanne in OC
It's been in the 80s...... But now we're on "storm watch", they think we may get some rain in 2 days. We really don't know what that is anymore. It's been summer here all winter. I'm actually quite enjoying. My jacquizzi is in and just relaxing on the lake in the sunshine.

We do have curves on roads here. I'm now getting a little accustomed to my new 981 after the driver's ed. I didn't realize that I really wasn't driving my car. Now I do!!!! and it's even more fun..... Alll smiles here smiling bouncing smiley grinning smiley

Please come, it'll give me another excuse to go for a nice long drive

Joanne

WOW! That sure is mighty tempting, Joanne. I thought it was hot here on Friday when the thermometer hit 32 (our normal high this time of year.) in the afternoon. Hit 14 today. Too chilly to put the top down. eye rolling smiley That's if I wanted to drive my car through the salt brine.

Glad to see you're enjoying your car. Our Boxsters are pretty special and designed to be driven. Sounds like you're suffering from a big ol' dose of Permagrin after driving it the way it wants to be driven. smiling bouncing smiley
Wife and I are off to Hawaii (Big Island) for a week starting tomorrow morning. The winter here in Minneapolis is as bad as any I have ever seen, though I didn't realize how bad it was going to be when I made reservations last December. My daughter just returned from the same location, and convinced us to upgrade to a convertible rental car. It wasn't a hard decision to make.
Re: Guenter--getting tired of snow yet?angry smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 25 February, 2014, at 12:59:49 pm
Sounds terrific! Enjoy the warm weather. Sandals, T-shirts and shorts, driving topless. That's the life. Kind of like having an extra week of summer.

Enjoy.
moresquirt - Thursday, 27 February, 2014, at 5:06:43 pm
Hey were in ontario are u located,i am in muskoka and still have 3 feet off snow on my roof,will winter ever end,i look at my boxster every day under the cover and can,t wait
for spring,top down,wind in my hair,hot girl(my wife) sitting beside me for a cruise round muskoka.Ahh summer!!
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 27 February, 2014, at 8:00:59 pm
moresquirt
Hey were in ontario are u located,i am in muskoka and still have 3 feet off snow on my roof,will winter ever end,i look at my boxster every day under the cover and can,t wait
for spring,top down,wind in my hair,hot girl(my wife) sitting beside me for a cruise round muskoka.Ahh summer!!

I'm in KW. If you're a PCA member, have you ever gone on any of the Muskoka Fun Runs?

Sick of Winter? Absolutely. Seems to be no end in sight this year. ....sigh.

You're right. There's nothing like driving with the top down on the sunny day, carving through the twisties (I know you've got some nice ones up your way.) to the sound of the Symphony in Flat Six.
moresquirt - Sunday, 2 March, 2014, at 10:10:59 am
Nice pic!! Warmed me rite up
Re: Guenter--getting tired of snow yet?angry smiley *NM*
moresquirt - Thursday, 27 February, 2014, at 5:16:34 pm
Popularity of our fun cars.... cool smiley

Looks like a snapshot of Google Earth view
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 28 February, 2014, at 2:02:34 pm
You can see that the Canadian rececars are buried under 4' of snow and the current 5 degree temperatures aren't going to help melt it.

Got any pictures of Florida racecars? That would help warm us up.
Re: Looks like a snapshot of Google Earth view
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 28 February, 2014, at 2:25:01 pm
Guenter in Ontario

Got any pictures of Florida racecars? That would help warm us up.

Start melting:

Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 28 February, 2014, at 2:38:31 pm
So where's the car?
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 28 February, 2014, at 2:53:08 pm
Snow blind....aren't you grinning smiley

Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 28 February, 2014, at 3:00:58 pm
Gary in SoFL
Snow blind....aren't you grinning smiley

Likely. Just my left eye though.
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Saturday, 8 March, 2014, at 12:06:24 am
Winter is just about over. The birds are returning, the sun comes out once in awhile, and it was 57-degrees here today for a short while. Am hoping to get the car out of storage by the middle of April. Hopefully all the salt will be washed off the roads by then.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Re: Guenter--snow is melting fast in Boston!
tom coughlin - Saturday, 8 March, 2014, at 8:46:35 am
I'll have my top down today.

Hope Springs eternal.
It was a sunny, 45-deg afternoon and i had to run a PCA tech event.

So i put on a zip-up fleece, put the top down, and had a great drive. Both ways. With a passenger on the way home. Nice.

There's still a foot of snow in the lawn though.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
How did you manage to get a heat wave?
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 10 March, 2014, at 3:32:27 pm
North of the border, there are other problems besides just snow.

[autos.ca.msn.com]
Guenter--I hope you haven't put your snow shovel away..
MikenOH - Tuesday, 11 March, 2014, at 10:05:27 am
More on the way... sad smiley
Mike, you're lucky I don't shoot messengers. winking smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 11 March, 2014, at 11:21:52 am
Yes. I know. I never put the s**wshovels away until the end of April. At least yesterday's heat wave of 40 F and sunshine shrunk the piles a bit. Still not enough to be able to see when pulling out of the driveway.
Oh my..... how do you do it????
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 11 March, 2014, at 6:32:33 pm
I just couldn't imagine. We had rain for almost 2 days last weekend. I was lost, didn't know what to do. Couldn't drive or wash the car so it stayed in the garage. No tennis, no BBQ. Thank goodness it was only 1 weekend, then went back up again. Now about 85 degrees. ....... I know we're in a drought situation, but I have to just suffer with this summer weather in winter. The thing is, so many people are making us feel guilty about it.

Joanne
Re: Oh my..... how do you do it????
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 11 March, 2014, at 7:54:11 pm
Joanne, don't feel guilty about it. It's just where I live. (And Mike just lives on the other side of the lake). If I could, I'd move, but it's not really an option.

On the other hand. In a few weeks time, Mike and I (and quite a few others) will be able to unwrap our cars and it will almost be the same feeling as the day we picked up our cars the first time. Can't wait.

In the mean time, I'd love to see some more pictures of your car. Reminds me of what our cars look like "out in the wild". smiling smiley That always helps.

I don't think you ever told us what you learned at the DE that is making you enjoy your car more. Care to share?
Re: Oh my..... how do you do it????
MikenOH - Tuesday, 11 March, 2014, at 8:13:06 pm
Joanne in OC
I just couldn't imagine. We had rain for almost 2 days last weekend. I was lost, didn't know what to do. Couldn't drive or wash the car so it stayed in the garage. No tennis, no BBQ. Thank goodness it was only 1 weekend, then went back up again. Now about 85 degrees. ....... I know we're in a drought situation, but I have to just suffer with this summer weather in winter. The thing is, so many people are making us feel guilty about it.

Joanne

Joanne--don't feel guilty; somebody has to live in paradise--so why shouldn't it be you winking smiley.

Seriously, this is just a part of living in the Midwest/Eastern Canada; we get cycles of winters year-to-year that run the gamut from no big deal to "I can't take it anymore" (winter 77/78).

This year has been colder and snowier than most, but it's not the end of the world (although it sure seems that way some times).
65 degrees felt absolutely balmy today with sun and a warm breeze, but winter is going to throw it's last (hopefully) punch over the next few days.
This has been heavy stuff.
Re: Hey Mike. How many times have you shovelled today? angry smiley
MikenOH - Wednesday, 12 March, 2014, at 11:32:58 pm
Zip--a lot of it melted. It started around noon with real heavy stuff, then the wind started blowing but we didn't get as much as expected--I think it ended up in your neck of the woods. We were far enough south that we got more rain than snow, which totaled maybe an inch or two.
Cleveland was another story; I had to drive north to play some tennis tonight (not one of my better decisions) and the the interstate looked like a war zone--cars and trucks going too fast ending up in the median or worse.
Indoors - sports domes
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 13 March, 2014, at 8:10:38 am
We have an indoor golf driving range. That way we have somewhere cool to play when it gets too hot in summer. winking smiley
Re: How do you plan tennis in rain and snow???
MikenOH - Thursday, 13 March, 2014, at 8:36:45 am
Indoor courts. The league I'm on plays indoors even during the summer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login