Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Next Boxster Spied
Todd in PA - Tuesday, 25 January, 2011, at 7:47:41 am
I remembered the link this time!New Boxster Spied
Re: Next Boxster Spied
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 25 January, 2011, at 9:03:16 am
Thanks for the link.

Those pictures should end the speculation about hard top convertible. Clearly a ragtop. By eliminating the clam shell, looks like the window section of the roof has more rake to it. It looks good. Just wondering what it will look like with the top down.

Looked like it might have been too cool to have the top down in those pictures. grinning smiley

Still don't like those mirrors. They're ok for an econo box like a Ford Focus. Just wish they wouldn't put them on a Boxster. sad smiley
Roger987 - Tuesday, 25 January, 2011, at 9:29:53 am
Like the front air intakes. Not wild about the side intakes (prefer the current).

!00% with Guenter on the mirrors. Maybe the production car will have nicer ones. These are clearly a step back from the very handsome current mirrors.

The headlights and tail lights appear to be masked in the photos.

From the article, it sounds as though Boxsters will continue to benefit, even more perhaps, from 911 parts.
MikenOH - Tuesday, 25 January, 2011, at 9:46:43 am
Guenter in Ontario

Looked like it might have been too cool to have the top down in those pictures. grinning smiley

sad smiley

Looks just like late spring in Ontario--right, Guenter?winking smiley
Alberta Alex - Tuesday, 25 January, 2011, at 12:57:47 pm
I don't mind the mirrors, though I'm interested in their placement on the door rather than the A pillar. This should make the side windows slightly larger.

Based on the pictures provided, I can't see a clam shell either. If that is the case I'll be interested to see how the soft top goes down, i.e. does the top just flop down or does the trunk lid raise?

Alex
It doesn't actually eliminate speculation about the hard top
Boxsterra - Tuesday, 25 January, 2011, at 1:18:38 pm
The Miata, for example is offered with both. I would be surprised if the Boxster was ever offered with only a retractable hard top as it is heavy.
Red_Lightnin! - Tuesday, 25 January, 2011, at 10:19:20 am
I definitely like it! Looks like the best of styling cues on both the 986 and 987.

Also - I am not sure they eliminated the clamshell - with all that snow and ice it is hard to tell - they may have just re-engineered the top so it looks and functions better. May also provide better engine access.

The article mentions use of Panamera components in the interior - I hope they haven't tarted it up too much.

I also agree about the mirrors - even though I am sure you can order upgraded ones at not insubstantial cost. winking smiley

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Dilithium Crystal Supercharger
Best pics I've seen
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Tuesday, 25 January, 2011, at 12:24:59 pm
Though the snow is an effective camouflage.

What I notice is the size of the wheel wells or rather the small size of the metal between the wheels and the top of the fender. Looks like they are going to a larger size wheel.
Bummer no hard top...
AS2003 - Thursday, 27 January, 2011, at 11:05:52 am
...I was hoping for a hardtop option (the Miata hard top adds minimal weight)... at least there are rumors of a Cayman Targa. Hopefully they can get that model out shortly after the release of the Boxster, although I haven't seen any spy shots of the Cayman, which does not bode well for a 2012 release.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login