Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Transport recommendation or warnings
mdgallaugher - Wednesday, 12 March, 2014, at 2:32:16 pm
Lori and I are moving back to Columbus OH from Atlanta, GA and I wondered if anyone has any recommendations, or warnings, for auto transport of my Boxster. I currently have quotes from All Vehicle Transport, Magic Carpet, Magnum, Stateway, Exceptional, and Red Carpet.... and I realize they are probably none of those. smiling smiley However, if you have any positive or negative experiences you would like to share, I would appreciate the information.

cool smiley

Regards,

Mike

Mr Mike (Alpharetta, GA)
Why don't you guys drive it back? ....
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 12 March, 2014, at 6:20:00 pm
... and just have the movers move the furniture.
I haven't heard anything about any of those transporters.
Good luck with the move.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Intercity - ask for Jim
Eric (Plug Guy) - Wednesday, 12 March, 2014, at 9:11:34 pm
Tell him Eric at BumperPlugs referred.

They have moved more Porsches than any other carrier, and they do it right. Brought my '09 to me from Northern VA, took my C4S with them on the return. Flawless.

[intercitylines.com]
Guenter in Ontario
n/t

There has got to be somebody on the board who is retired that would love to drive a Boxster from Atlanta to Columbus??thumbs upI would love to, however I am a few years away from euphorical time Bliss (aka retirement)grinning smiley

MIKELLIG
Re: Why don't you guys drive it back? ....
mdgallaugher - Monday, 17 March, 2014, at 5:05:06 pm
We have three dogs and a bunch of stuff we are taking with us for 2 weeks in hotel... and Lori can't drive that distance with her back. So I get to drive a Tahoe.

Thanks,

Mike

Mr Mike (Alpharetta, GA)
Re: Transport recommendation or warnings
Ruby - Thursday, 13 March, 2014, at 7:22:25 pm
I have had one bad experience with Stateway. Screwed me around pretty good over the date of pickup and eventually paid for another transport to pick me up and gave me/the driver their end. Only nice thing I can say is nice ads.
I'm in South Florida for the winter and tend to drive my wife's Benz down and ship it back and have used a number of transports. You can check them on the Transport s [www.transportreviews.com]

As for my Boxster I drove from South Florida to NY 1272 miles in two days, top down the whole way, averaged 78 miles an hour till I hit Jersey traffic and averaged 28 mpg and had a blast.
550 miles is like a day trip. Drive it!
Re: Transport recommendation or warnings
20BoxSter02 - Friday, 14 March, 2014, at 9:05:30 am
We've used Reliable Carriers four times (relocations back-and-forth across the country) and have not had any problems whatsoever. I'd recommend at least getting a quote from them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login