Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
DIY coolant tank replace
quikkix - Wednesday, 26 March, 2014, at 6:03:34 pm
Just a quick thank you for the great guide with photos to help me replace my coolant tank. Took about 3 hours with help from a buddy. Two notes for others... 1. My '01 S did not have a hole in the frame to easily access the retaining clips for the coolant/oil hoses from inside the engine bay. We had to come from under the car and work through the wire harness hole to get the clamps off and back on. 2. The OEM replacement tank did not have the hole cut out for the oil dip stick. We used a drilled pilot hole and a hobby knife to slowly create the needed hole for the dipstick tube to snap in from the backside. Other than that, all is good!

One more note... with the top in the service mode and engine compartment accessible, I recognized the ball joints for the top cables were loose. I tightened them down before putting all back together and was VERY happy to realize the annoying rattle was eliminated!

Bryan
Re: DIY coolant tank replace
BLKBOXS - Saturday, 29 March, 2014, at 11:44:52 am
quikkix

One more note... with the top in the service mode and engine compartment accessible, I recognized the ball joints for the top cables were loose. I tightened them down before putting all back together and was VERY happy to realize the annoying rattle was eliminated!

Bryan

Great catch...I love it when a plan comes together...Well donethumbs up

MIKELLIG
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login