Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
ECU Updates
BLKBOXS - Sunday, 6 April, 2014, at 8:16:34 am
I own a 2006 Boxster S. How often does Porsche update the ECU Software/Firmware. I rarely ever go to the dealer for servicing.smiling smiley I am also thinking that my car came from California and the emissions are quite different than here in Canada....I do know that ..I am to totally guessing.smiling smiley

Any thoughts?

Mike

MIKELLIG
Re: ECU Updates
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 6 April, 2014, at 9:12:55 am
BLKBOXS
I own a 2006 Boxster S. How often does Porsche update the ECU Software/Firmware. I rarely ever go to the dealer for servicing.smiling smiley I am also thinking that my car came from California and the emissions are quite different than here in Canada....I do know that ..I am to totally guessing.smiling smiley

Any thoughts?

Mike

Mike. Like you, I'm only guessing. I don't think that Porsche (or any car manufacturer) creates and makes regularly scheduled updates (maybe you're thinking Windows? winking smiley ) Maybe you're hoping that there's a Porsche ECU update to add, say 35 HP, to your car? winking smiley I think the only updates they would make are cases were they find some type of issue/error with ECU programming. You can, of course, get it upgraded through third parties for a price.

You do know that it's going to heat up into the high 40's today, don't you? Looks to me like Friday's rain washed most of the salt off the roads. I think it's time!!!!! smiling bouncing smiley
Re: ECU Updates
BLKBOXS - Sunday, 6 April, 2014, at 7:32:35 pm
Guenter in Ontario
BLKBOXS

Any thoughts?

Mike

Mike. Like you, I'm only guessing. I don't think that Porsche (or any car manufacturer) creates and makes regularly scheduled updates (maybe you're thinking Windows? winking smiley ) Maybe you're hoping that there's a Porsche ECU update to add, say 35 HP, to your car? winking smiley I think the only updates they would make are cases were they find some type of issue/error with ECU programming. You can, of course, get it upgraded through third parties for a price.

You do know that it's going to heat up into the high 40's today, don't you? Looks to me like Friday's rain washed most of the salt off the roads. I think it's time!!!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Thanks Guenter,

I love to hope...however I know that hope is never a strategy...that why you bought the perfect Porsche for you.smileys with beer

I did get out today...OMG all I can say is Happy Tears. grinning smiley When I took the cover off.. OMG...I need to get a room.

Guenter,

We will get together soon.

Mike

MIKELLIG
BLKBOXS

Any thoughts?

Mike

My 03 996 has not had one either. There is possibly an update for the stereo system to deal with a zombie like stereo state but the zombie like state appears to be more likely from a marginal 12V battery than anything in the stereo firmware and the update has never been applied, I never felt an need to ask further about it.

If your car is not exhibiting any symptoms of something amiss there's probably no update for the car's ECU.

Canada has no special OBD or emissions rules/regulations, AFAIK, and these cars are 50 state compliant so they can be sold without any regard to which location or region, so the car will be just fine the way it is.
MarcW
BLKBOXS

Any thoughts?

Mike

My 03 996 has not had one either. There is possibly an update for the stereo system to deal with a zombie like stereo state but the zombie like state appears to be more likely from a marginal 12V battery than anything in the stereo firmware and the update has never been applied, I never felt an need to ask further about it.

If your car is not exhibiting any symptoms of something amiss there's probably no update for the car's ECU.

Canada has no special OBD or emissions rules/regulations, AFAIK, and these cars are 50 state compliant so they can be sold without any regard to which location or region, so the car will be just fine the way it is.

Thanks MarcW,

I appreciate your response. No issues, car is running fine. I will let well enough alone.....it is not easy though.smiling smiley...it not even easy to type. Cheers

Mike

MIKELLIG
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login