Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Finally on the boat
SciGuy in MI - Wednesday, 9 April, 2014, at 8:31:45 pm
I got word today that my new Boxster S has *finally* been put on a boat (Florida Highway) and is on its way to the States. This, after sitting at the dock in Emden, Germany for the past two weeks following completion of production. It's supposed to arrive in Davisville, RI April 18, so maybe it'll reach my dealer (MI) about two weeks from now. Can't wait!

One silver lining to all the waiting is that it gives the road commission that much more time to fix the potholes... winking smiley

Jim in Michigan
2014 Amaranth Red Boxster S
(due in April)
Re: Finally on the boat
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 9 April, 2014, at 8:41:16 pm
...soooo the excitement builds. You'll be getting it at perfect time of year to be able to enjoy it for the spring and summer.

Are you tracking the ship on Marine Traffic?
[www.marinetraffic.com]

Hope you're not as obsessed as one person who shall go unnamed (right Joanne?), who even stalked the ship her car was on as it was going through the Panama Canal. grinning smiley
SciGuy in MI - Wednesday, 9 April, 2014, at 9:04:16 pm
Guenter in Ontario
...soooo the excitement builds. You'll be getting it at perfect time of year to be able to enjoy it for the spring and summer.

Are you tracking the ship on Marine Traffic?
[www.marinetraffic.com]

Hope you're not as obsessed as one person who shall go unnamed (right Joanne?), who even stalked the ship her car was on as it was going through the Panama Canal. grinning smiley
Yep, been checking that very website for most of the last two weeks, watching other RoRo ships come and go and getting frustrated. Finally decided this past weekend to give it a rest since we didn't even have a ship name. Now today we get that info, and the impatient waiting resumes. Kinda reminds me of just before I turned 16, waiting and waiting to get my driver's license. *Sigh*...
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 9 April, 2014, at 9:23:32 pm
Expect the ship to make a stop or two along the way.

Once it gets out past the UK, it will disappear for 5 or 6 days. Then reappear around Newfoundland.

Exciting times for you, for sure.

Got a good route planned to take your new 981 the long way home? smiling smiley
SciGuy in MI - Thursday, 10 April, 2014, at 7:58:01 am
Guenter in Ontario
Expect the ship to make a stop or two along the way.

Once it gets out past the UK, it will disappear for 5 or 6 days. Then reappear around Newfoundland.

Exciting times for you, for sure.

Got a good route planned to take your new 981 the long way home? smiling smiley
My dealer's only about five miles from home, but I suppose I could double that by driving around all the potholes here. winking smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 10 April, 2014, at 8:59:10 am
SciGuy
My dealer's only about five miles from home, but I suppose I could double that by driving around all the potholes here. winking smiley

...hmmmmm. It appears you're an inexperienced Porsche home bringer. winking smiley

My dealer is 60 miles away. It only took me 150 miles to bring it home. cool smiley You want to at least be able to get the engine properly warmed up on its first drive. smiling bouncing smiley

You do know that ice cream tastes better the further you get it from home, don't you? Bet there's a place that sells REALLY good ice cream some 40 or 50 mi. from home. winking smiley Nice way to celebrate bringing home a brand new 981. Maybe you can even find a nice place to take some pictures of your new Boxster ( might be good for another 30 - 40 miles winking smiley ).
SciGuy in MI - Thursday, 10 April, 2014, at 10:28:38 pm
Guenter in Ontario
SciGuy

...hmmmmm. It appears you're an inexperienced Porsche home bringer. winking smiley

My dealer is 60 miles away. It only took me 150 miles to bring it home. cool smiley You want to at least be able to get the engine properly warmed up on its first drive. smiling bouncing smiley

You do know that ice cream tastes better the further you get it from home, don't you? Bet there's a place that sells REALLY good ice cream some 40 or 50 mi. from home. winking smiley Nice way to celebrate bringing home a brand new 981. Maybe you can even find a nice place to take some pictures of your new Boxster ( might be good for another 30 - 40 miles winking smiley ).
Mmmm, ice cream... Now that I think of it, there is an ice cream parlor a very convenient 40 miles away. And more than a few of our favorite restaurants between here and there

Yep, this will be our first opportunity to bring home a Porsche. Thanks for the pointers!
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 10 April, 2014, at 10:59:47 pm
SciGuy

Mmmm, ice cream... Now that I think of it, there is an ice cream parlor a very convenient 40 miles away. And more than a few of our favorite restaurants between here and there

Yep, this will be our first opportunity to bring home a Porsche. Thanks for the pointers!

Oh boy!! You are in for a REAL treat then. I still remember like it was yesterday when I picked up my 2006 Boxster, my first Porsche. April first 2006, about 38 degrees out. cold wind out of the north. Drove it home with the top down, heater and bun warmers on. What a thrilling ride. And, it just kept getting better and better. Then with the threat of Porsche replacing that wonderful Flat Six with a four banger turbo and maybe going totally PDK, I decided to order the ultimate (for me) Boxster, the 981 S I picked up last year.

My point is, that you are going to LOVE driving this car. You won't be able to find a decent tasting ice cream cone anywhere near where you live. winking smiley When you pick up a loaf of bread in your Boxster, you'll lose all sense of direction and that 1/4 mile to the store will become a 35 mile drive home. smiling bouncing smiley (I found a place that has the best tasting foot long tube steaks. It's down by the lake, only 60 miles from here. cool smiley )

Can't wait to see some pictures of your first ride in you new 981.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login