Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Sunday - leave for NJMP, open tech (beer, beer)
Monday/Tuesday - PCA solo event at NJMP (cups 'n saucers)
Wed/Thursday - cram 5 days of work into two
Thursday eve - rush to Pocono,help set up ( beer, beer)
Friday - Audi Club event at Pocono, including double infield
Fri night/Sat - visit Pocono farm to help friend in vinyard
Sunday - rush back to instruct at PCA Car Control Clinic

All this fun is exhausting.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Grant

Weather was very dicey. When the event finally came it looked like a full day of sunshine at Lightning, followed by an all-day rainstorm.

Well, it rained all night, but the morning dawned cold, windy, maybe a little mist/occasional drizzle, but the rain that hit NYC and Philly didn't get to NJMP until about 3pm, by which time we had cleared out.

So we got a 2nd full day on track, and nearly half the people had left, so basically we had open track from 9-2:30. It WAS cold, and occasionally some drops hit the windshield, but the track stayed remarkably dry and had predictable (if lowish) grip.

So i felt like I got a bonus day. Happy, happy. Car ran well. I drove well, and more importantly, felt steady improvement (backed up by big moves in lap times, uh, down)

Took a couple instructor buddies out for rides and got very valuable coaching (even if it was "just keep it planted and follow any wiggle")

I'll get a video up. Not sure if any of the better sessions from Lightning made it to the camera - my SD card filled about the same time i got my sea-legs.

Grant

ps: does anyone know how to make a GoPro HD Hero (1) film in 480/30 (not 480/60)?

Grant

Notes say most of it, open track (Instructors and Black/white), not many of us left. Cold, windy, slightly damp (no actual water on surface), but overall pretty darn good considering the deluge that is here (animals are outside in pairs today). Ran out of gas (light wen ton, 14 miles --> empty) before the session ended, so i pitted after a cool-down-ish lap.

NNJR Solo event at Thunderbolt

Another will go up soon from Lightning the previous day, but it was early and not that good. OK and gives good view of the track ( and some damn fast machines and drivers that were out there, some sporting 360 factory race cars, Cayman series cars, or private coaches, ouch).

Grant

Grant

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login