Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Daytona 24 qualifying. SPOILER Alert...
986rgt - Friday, 28 January, 2011, at 4:13:05 am
From the Flying Lizard Email update...

Bergmeister Puts the No. 45 DP on the Overall Pole for Rolex 24 At Daytona; Sets New Track Record

January 27, 2011 – Daytona Beach, FL – Joerg Bergmeister (Germany) set a new DP record of 1:40.099 at the Daytona International Speedway today, putting the No. 45 Flying Lizard Porsche-Powered DP on the overall pole for Saturday's Rolex 24 race. The No. 45 Daytona Protoype is powered by a Porsche Motorsport-prepared, 911-based flat-6 engine and the chassis, previously run by Brumos Racing, won the race overall in 2009. Joining Bergmeister for the 24 hour race (January 29-30) are drivers Patrick Long (USA), Seth Neiman (USA), and Johannes van Overbeek (USA).

Bergmeister commented on qualifying, "It was a great team effort. This is the Lizards' first time running a DP; everyone put their heads down and we learned step by step, improving the setup incrementally as we understood more about the car."

"Nearing the end of the session, I was in P3, and didn't expect much more," he continued. "But after our strategist Thomas Blam told me the gap to first was only nine one-hundredths of a second, I decided to go for it and I was able to pull it out. That was the first qualifying session in which I didn't take a breath during the entire lap! In the end the pole is nice to have but is just the first step in what will be a very long and difficult race."

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
I love their cover of "Money"
Laz - Friday, 28 January, 2011, at 10:57:05 am
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login