Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Vaccum Hose Diagram????
gmoney17 - Friday, 28 January, 2011, at 8:36:20 am
Hey everybody! Question: I recently took starter out to lube it up cause of the squeaking. Took off the throttle body to clean, etc, etc, etc. I have two vaccuum lines I cannot find a home for (if your standing near the trunk looking at the engine) on the right side near the oil seperator. It is for a 2000 boxster S...anyone know where I can get a digram so I can get those into the right place??

Thanks,

Happy Boxstering!!!

G'
This should help ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 28 January, 2011, at 9:16:58 am
[i83.photobucket.com]

[i83.photobucket.com]

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Vaccum Hose Diagram????
gmoney17 - Friday, 28 January, 2011, at 6:20:16 pm
Thanks pedro....It is a pain in the ars to get behind #16 to see where that hose gets connected. Also I broke that nipple off on #16...I see the screws to where it is mounted is impossible to get to as well...Any suggestions??? What is the name for part #16 everything keeps breaking ughhhhh, also on my boxster the hose #29 in the diagram gets connected to an adapter that sits on part #28. Kinda looks like a Y where 2 vaccuum hoses get connected (t is not in the picture though)
gmoney17 - Friday, 28 January, 2011, at 6:28:22 pm
I think I have to remove that inake plenum...Is that difficult?

Thks
gmoney17 - Friday, 28 January, 2011, at 6:30:28 pm
Im sorry its not the intake plenum ..its the black piece that has Porsche written accross it....I might have to remove that...
this, don't.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Item 16 is ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 28 January, 2011, at 6:44:13 pm
... a vacuum reservoir. It's just an empty container.
You can probably fix it like I did mine in place.
Get a short piece of metal tubing that fits inside the vacuum hose.
Heat it up with a flame (cigarette lighter) and insert it into the reservoir just where the original nipple was.
If it's hot enough (hold it with vise grips) it will melt the plastic and seal itself in place.
You can put a little epoxy around the outside just to seal any leak.
Reconnect the vacuum hose.
You don't have to remove part number 1 on the second diagram (Intake Distributor) to do the above surgery.
There's a small check valve (black and white) on the rubber sleeve to which the other vacuum line is connected.
The black side of the check valve connects to the sleeve while the vacuum line connects to the white side.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
gmoney17 - Friday, 28 January, 2011, at 9:47:53 pm
I just cant seem to locate where hose #29 goes ?? Also I have one coming out from under the the driver side intake manifold??
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login