Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Weather was again cold, windy and .... pretty dry (although the day began with puddles, big ones, from the deluge 30 hours earlier).

ACNA-NJ runs several event sat Pocono each year - this is their all-day DE. Ran the "double infield" and then the north infield plus both "straights*" and the bowl.

This is always a very well-run event, and very multi-marque. In fact, it sometimes seems like PCA is staffing 2/3 of it.

Everyone seemed to have a good day; mines we very good. Car felt good, i felt good, spent a good deal of time approaching and exceeding the limits, with controlled recovery - this confirmed the relatively benign handling characteristics of my track setup/tires etc. I'll get at least one video up soon.

I ran "red" - instructors run group, so i was pushed quite a bit. Found i could mostly hang with traffic in the twisties but of course, on the straights and the bowl big power and slicks prevail in a big way.

Quite a nice assortment of rides present - a gaggle of R8s, some RS5s, RS4, S7s, GT-3s galore, GT-2s, turbos, Carerras, 964s, Boxsters, Caymans, Godzillas, Evos, and of course lots of fairly normal Audis being exercised. I took the boxster this year ( ran the S6 avant last year).

Pocono's infield portions are actually nice places to experiment and learn - wide, newly paved, lots of back and forth, and a lot of run-off if you run out of road, skill or sense of direction.

The Bowl, on the other hand, is intimidating. My mind KNOWS i can go through much faster, but all that force feels odd - especially when i know most of it is on those two left tires.... but all in all i'm a good 10 mph off the (red group and theoretical) pace through the bowl. Bad me.

If you are in the area, consider this event. Single day, nicely run, beginning friendly, great classroom sessions, safely operated, good assortment of instructors from a bunch of clubs - ACNA, PCA, BMWCCA, SCCA....

I'll add a link soon, or most of you know my youtube channel by now.

Grant

* one isn't

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login