Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Yesterday 35+ Porsche cars enjoyed a day of driving and storytelling in regards to the harsh winter we all endured. With all that winter pent up demand... , I can say without a doubt..it was a great day.

After coffee It started off a wee bit misty:

After a few hours our wipers getting exercised we stopped off for lunch at the JW Marriott resort and spa in Gravenhurst and enjoyed great food and P Folks....and it started to get sunny:

After lunch there was a lot of topless driving...that is why I can't post anymore pics.

Can't wait until the next fun run.smiling bouncing smiley

MIKELLIG
Have to agree with Mike. It was quite a day. We had an early start to make the 160 mile trip to the start of the Fun Run. Most of it in rain. Got to the start where over 35 Porsches were eagerly waiting hit the roads around the lakes in the Muskoka area.

]

Arriving at the resort where we had a great lunch and get to meet fellow Porsche drivers.

The sun came out while we were having lunch, so we were able to enjoy the view from the patio at the resort.

After lunch, it was off on some more Boxster roads, which we were able to drive topless in the fresh, sunny, 50 degree weather.
Some video from the morning run in the rain.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BijQzwuM_YM&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Despite the iffy weather it was a great fun run! We had a quick group leader and great roads which added up to lots of fun! I was able to admire both Guenter's 981 and BLKBOXs car in my rear view mirror most of the day!

Chris - '01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black ; '87 944 Turbo (track beast) ; '86 944 - needs a new home!
Great to see a Porsche gathering, with a wide spectrum of models, new and old.

Guenter, even on a wet and overcast day, your GT Silver 981 is stunning. I AM, of course, biased. winking smiley

Clayed and waxed the Boxster yesterday when the temp reached 60 degrees. Currently 36 degrees with a forecast of rain and wet snow today.

On Wednesday, it will be sunny and 50, and I'll hit the road for a couple weeks. grinning smiley
Roger:
I can't believe you guys are still getting snow up there. It's been pretty wicked weather down here (Long Island) this winter, but it looks like our travails are over, weather wise.

Are you hitting the road for "a couple of weeks" all the way into BRBS? smiling bouncing smiley

Regards, Maurice.
Unfortunately, Maurice, my work requires that I be in PEI May 26-30. I got a reprieve in 2011 and 2013, but no such luck this year. sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login