Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The driver's family is claiming he was only going 55 mph, the suspension was faulty and the car was unsafe. Good luck, probably hoping for a quick settlement. PCNA Sued for Wrongful Death
Any car capable of going 55 mph or faster will have to have a crash cage.
The LA sheriff's dept said 90+ but it took a plaintifs lawyer to figure out the real speed was 55.
A few details the lawyer seems to have missed.

- Witnesses estimated the car was travelling at 160 kph = 100 mph
- Investigators determined there was no road debris or mechanical failure (this was LATER confirmed by Porsche engineers who examined the wreckage)
- Speed was estimated from skid marks left on the road
- engine had been modified to increase horsepower (I'm sure you'd need that to get a Carrera GT all the up to 55 mph)
- Its original exhaust system had been modified in a way that could allow it to go faster, but also could have been done to change its sound.
- Its tires were about nine years old; the owner's manual suggests changing the tires after four years.
- Its left rear brake rotor was worn below manufacturer specifications, but that did not contribute to the crash.

Here's a link back to a news report.
[www.cbc.ca]
I saw this bad boy at Porsche of London yesterday. I felt relieved to make it away with my life. This car is a killer! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[i781.photobucket.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login