Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Makes perfect sense for Porsche to do this. It will put killer cars on the track -- the Cayman is a far superior platform (in my opinion) to the 911, so you'll have a car that will win the weekend warriors. The 911 will continue, I believe to morph into a GT -- which for the most part it is. The Boxster will be the convertible, the Cayman the trackable sports car, and the Macan, Cayenne and Panamera will be the sporty mini-ute, sport-ute and luxury GT sedan. For the uberists, they will have the 911 GT3 for the track and the Turbo S for the stoplight jockeys.

The GT4 will be an amazing track car -- probably better than anything that I can think of on the market.
Actually, agree that the 911 will become the GT, but Porsche's new F-car beater (rumored to be priced around $250K) will probably become the new 911 that will be both track and road car rolled into one for the hardcore Porschephiles. Come home from the track, call your car detailer up to clean off the grime and then take the misses out on the town for letting you blow off steam at the track instead of cleaning out the gutters.
m4240z
Makes perfect sense for Porsche to do this. It will put killer cars on the track -- the Cayman is a far superior platform (in my opinion) to the 911, so you'll have a car that will win the weekend warriors. The 911 will continue, I believe to morph into a GT -- which for the most part it is. The Boxster will be the convertible, the Cayman the trackable sports car, and the Macan, Cayenne and Panamera will be the sporty mini-ute, sport-ute and luxury GT sedan. For the uberists, they will have the 911 GT3 for the track and the Turbo S for the stoplight jockeys.

The GT4 will be an amazing track car -- probably better than anything that I can think of on the market.

Well said.

The 991 is definitely morphing into a GT cruiser, and more than a few 981's and 981c's have been optioned out to be senior citizen street cruisers as well. The Cayman is a superior platform if configured correctly, with an engine not now available on the option list. The 991 platform, likewise, can be had, as a killer racer.

All it takes is lots of moo-la. cool smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Well, it's gone from taming the streets on previous spy shots to now testing at The Ring. No word on lap time: Cayman GT4 Spotted at The Ring
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login