Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
We drove down Cleveland to visit some friends this weekend. We left on Friday and one the way, we took a detour and dropped by at Mid Ohio Race Course and had a chance to meet MikenOH and Grant who were enjoying a track weekend.

Your Boxster is looking great Bruce. Grant was grinning from ear to ear after racing it.

Here are MikenOH, Grant and I in front of your old car, Bruce.

As I'm pulling into the paddock i see Mike engaged in conversation with a couple, not dressed for the track (meaning they didn't look shabby like us) :-)

I had just pulled by to see if he was running - we didn't ever seem to see each other on track - apparently circling at opposite ends, not uncommon.

Hearing "Guenter and I" my ears perked up, and I asked "not Guenter from Ontario?" - but yes, of course, only several hundred miles out of his way.

We had a nice chance to finally meet in person, maybe an hour, and to see his gorgeous and pristine 981. You can eat off any surface - insides of wheels, etc.

We joked that Bruce was with us vicariously.

One by one i will meet many of my virtual world friends.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Pristine is an accurate description of how Guenter keeps his car; after driving hundreds of miles from Ontario to Ohio his car was perfectly clean--not even brake dust! Guenter--I need to know your secret.
BTW, the 981 in GT Silver is amazing looking.

Regarding Grant's car, it's great to see a Boxster that had a bad motor repaired and back on the road, instead of being scrapped for parts.
Grant--I think what you did with the car might provide the grist for a Pano article.
I did send them to Pedro to be posted here, but i dont know that they have.

I certainly could forward the info and offer to either re-write, or collaborate with a Pano editor.....

Its a nice car. Note a 981, but a good, solid, affordable, track car.
Remarkably comfy on those 500 miles jaunts to and from the track, considering what it is.

Grant

Grant

grant
I did send them to Pedro to be posted here, but i dont know that they have.

I certainly could forward the info and offer to either re-write, or collaborate with a Pano editor.....

Its a nice car. Note a 981, but a good, solid, affordable, track car.
Remarkably comfy on those 500 miles jaunts to and from the track, considering what it is.

Grant

Grant, if you have a link to the info, I'd appreciate getting it.
I have been asked by people as to whether a used 986 Boxster would be a suitable track car and think what you went through with yours would be good info for someone considering going the same route.
you have mail *NM*
grant - 9 years ago
Grant

Thanks Mike and Grant. Appreciate the comments. I feel myself extremely fortunate to drive a car like this.

I know I've told Mike this before, but every time I get into some twisty bits with this car, I can't help but think of him and his suggestion about getting the Sports Suspension and the Sports Plus seats. Those two options really make an already fabulous car, that the 981 is, into something extra special.

Although we did drive a bit out of our way to get to Mid Ohio, in the Boxster, that's like forcing a kid to eat another ice cream cone. smiling smiley It really is nice to put faces to some of the other members on the board.

As for the lack of brake dust, Mike. Remember, I had only driven about 350 highway miles. Who needs brakes on the highway? On the track, that's a whole other story.
GREAT picture of four good looking subjects, Guenter smileys with beer

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Thanks for sharing, Guenter. It's great to see Grant and Mike, especially in such a appropriate Porsche context.
Thanx for the post Guenter.

That car was fun!! I am so glad Grant gave it another life. Best car I ever owned.

Grant, are you enjoying the stereo? The darned 2009 C2S Bose system is integrated into the car systems and I can't replace it.... at least easily.

Keep having fun!

Peace
Bruce in Philly
.. pull it out and put it in the red car some time.

But i do have a wiring issue to the rear speakers (apparently you bought the wiring package or upgraded stereo - mine does nto have those and i HATE running wires).

Car's running great though. Right now its up on blocks getting a major service nd look-over after 4 track events and nearly 3500 miles (!!!)

Hit 210,000 on the way back from Mid Ohio

Grant

Grant

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login