Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I managed to get a few shots of Mike on the track at Mid Ohio.

Mike, is it a GoPro suction cup mounted on the windshield that you have taking your video? Ever have any problems having it come loose?

Guenter in Ontario

Mike, is it a GoPro suction cup mounted on the windshield that you have taking your video? Ever have any problems having it come loose?

We mount those GoPro's to the undercarriage of Mooney aircraft, and at 200 MPH, never a problem.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gary in SoFL

We mount those GoPro's to the undercarriage of Mooney aircraft, and at 200 MPH, never a problem.

Is that mounted with a suction cup? Just wondering if it would come loose on bumpy roads.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Camera mounts
MikenOH - 9 years ago
On Friday I was trying out both the HLT for android and the RaceChrono Pro video/data logging programs using my Samsung phone mounted in a cheap Ikon windshield mount. The suction to the windshield was good but this mount isn't the most precise, so I got a bit of vibration.

On Sunday, I switched to a regular camera mount using my Canon point and shoot camera--the one I posted on YouTube-- with the phone running RC stowed in a door pocket, my Qstarz GPS receiver on the dash and OBD reader plugged into the port. The camera mount for the Canon has a standard screw mount for it and is rock solid on the windshield.

I'd like to get a better mounting position for the camera--like between the seats--but haven't been able to find a spot where a mount might fit securely.
No problems inside the car. 99% no problem outside the car, but you have to have the surface very clean.

PCA requires external suction mounts to be tethered on the track (but not at autocros). Well, in NNJR I require it anyway.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I have a Sony DX 350 HD Handycam that I've been wanting to mount. Like Mike, I'd like to mount it between the seats, but don't want to drill any holes. So I'm wondering if something like the GoPro mount would be strong enough to hold it.

My "cameraman" doesn't complain about recording, but I know she'd be happier not having to record - specially on roads like the Diamondback.

On a Mooney: [www.youtube.com]

Hot new Garmin Virb: [sites.garmin.com]

Flying comparison GoPro vs Virb: [www.youtube.com]

Car comparison GoPro vs Virb: [www.youtube.com]

I know it's just me, but watching video of someone else flying or driving is boring. smoking smiley

Enjoy....

I wasn't thinking of mounting THAT many cameras. grinning smiley

Depends on the videos. I enjoy visiting places vicariously if I don't have a chance to get there. I like to keep my own videos and pictures. They're about the only souvenirs I want from any trips. Always nice to watch while we holed up in the snow for 4 months.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login