Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Which began with an oil change - 8 track days, 4300 miles, 6 months. Out with the old and in with the new. Sending the old out for analysis BTW.
I expect to again see unusually low dilution and pH, since it recently spent 3 days on track and did a 1000+ mile round trip. Adequate to boil anything off i would suspect.

here's a milestone from the trip back from Ohio:

[i57.tinypic.com]

While i had time i put the car on blocks, pulled all 4 wheels and:

1. checked the brakes - all remarkably good
2. checked all the control arms/tie rods/etc. - tight
3. checked the drive shafts - smooth, tight, slide well, boots good (of course i did one side last July, and the others were recent but before my ownership)
4. checked the tires for wear - hey they are track tires, lots of wear, but fairly consistent and even
5. checked the oil filter (but re-used it)
6. looked over everything i could

This car is holding up well.

I also changed the PSS9 damping from "6" to "4" (two steps firmer).
We shall see how it feels at NJMP Thunderbolt int he middle of June, and on the road.... when i get it out of the garage.

With the techno sump, i now need 10 full quarts of oil, plus a fraction of a quart more. Wont know until i start it and warm it, but it drank two 5-qt bottles of oil and was still a couple of measures below the "full" mark on the electronic dipstick.

Oh, it got a good wash too.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2014 10:04PM by grant. (view changes)
The car is holding up well for that many miles. That's for sure. Better watch out. Bruce is REALLY going to want that car back.

Now, if Pedro had taken that shot, he'd have been doing 210 mph to match the Odometer reading. winking smiley

Just wondering why you reused the oil filter. Don't you have to cut it open to really be able to see if there's anything in it? Not much to see from the outside aside from the darkness of the oil.
I'm cheap and lazy.

Oil analysis will tell me much more.

With only 4300 miles, i simply didnt want to put a new one in yet. I'm changing early due to heavy track use and likely shear-down. After a few UOAs i may extend the interval.

As to mileage, remember the motor while old, is low-mileage (~40k at present)

My fear is that it had many years of light use, unknown maint. That's why i effectively flushed it at first (cheap -o 10w30 GTX with a can of rislone for 500 miles, no hard driving)

Grant

Grant

What gear are you in? Going 80 and hitting 3200 RPM. Maybe I'm to used to larger engine and having a 7th gear. I'd be buzzing along at around 2,500 RPMs.
(with the techno-sump)
After i drove it. I failed to pre-fill the oil filter housing, so i guess that sucked up > 1/2 qt. I (nearly) always pre-fill it since it reduces the time to build up oil pressure.

Grant

Grant

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login