Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
For many of the early years at PPBB, car care was a popular topic. Paint care, leather care, canvas care, rubber trim care, vinyl care, tire care, underside of the muffler care, and some of you may be familiar with the concept of plastic rear window care. Plexus was a favorite for rear window care. I just took someone's word that it worked better than water, and it smells oddly good, so I occasionally used it.

Well, tonight I had to say goodbye to my can of Plexus. I bought the HUGE 13oz can about 15 years ago, and I finally used it up. At this time as I say goodbye to my old friend, I can't help but wonder, should I get another 15 year can, should I retrofit a top with glass window, or is it time for a new car. I'm heading out to the garage to think about my choices while I put Vaseline on the insides of my wheels....
Is petroleum jelly still Porsche's recommendation for the wheels? That goes back to my 912's owner's manual and probably in any 356's.
Maybe, like when the ash tray is full, if the Plexus is done, it's time for a new Boxster with a glass window.
I'd still be driving my '51 Morris Minor - well, maybe more like dragging it around with me.
Emptying the ashtray: Free

New can of Plexus: Maybe $20

New top with glass rear window: Probably over $1,000

New Boxster: $70,000 or more

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Bingo. And....
grant - 9 years ago
15 years of top-down driving bliss: priceless.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Wear it Proud
db997S - 9 years ago
Keep the Plastic and proudly show off that you have one of the more original Boxsters. Besides, the glass windows are much smaller and cut your visibility.

Can of Plexus; $20

New top with glass window: $1,000

Originallity: Priceless
I thought you were going to make a MasterCard joke. Sacrilege.
I bought the new can of Plexus. As I was applying it, I thought about it and decided that when the day comes that I do unload my 02S, the Plexus will go with it. cool smiley
Drove to work with the top down this morning. Still love my baby.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login