Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
... and more.
During the pre-day (Thursday) at this year's BRBS we had the opportunity to visit The Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley, NC.

[www.wheelsthroughtime.com]

If you've seen the show "What's In The Barn?", on Velocity Channel, you've seen Dale Walksler and his son Matt.

[vimeo.com]

They were both at the Museum when we attended and Dale gave our group an incredible private guide of the rarest bikes of the museum.
A great experience for any gearhead.
As you walk into the museum's front door you're immediately taken back in time starting with the aroma of old leather, gasoline, and rubber.
After the group's tour Dale posed with us in front of the museum

That's Dale with the PB hat under the umbrella. BTW, he is now an official member of PedrosBoard.

Thank you to all those who made this happen: Dale and Matt Walksler for being our hosts, and Karl and Ron for planning it into the BRBS package.
Well done!

Happy Porscheing,
Pedro.
[i83.photobucket.com]

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
The visit to Dale's facility was a joy! I spent a lot of time with another fellow there (he had a white beard) who had a load of interesting stories. He was even a "car guy" as well and owned a vintage Morgan.
I agree with Pedro. Wheels Through Time is a must see for anyone who is at all interested in some really one of a kind motorcycles. Dale is as passionate about motorcycles as we are about our Porsches. I was amazed at his wealth of knowledge with detailed information about each of the hundreds of bikes in his collection.

Here's another picture of Dale on the bike he rode around town.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login