Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
All,

I spent a few hours changing out the AOS today (thanks Pedro for the instructions you have posted online). But when I start the car it fires up and then immediately begins to backfire and then dies. I checked for codes with the Durametric but there are none that it is throwing out.

Any ideas all?

Thanks,

Neil

2001 Boxster S
Given the behavior I'd guess it is the large accordion hose.

But the hose that runs from the AOS to the intake manifold just after the throttle body could be off too.

While you are there check all other hoses that are not AOS related for a hose that became disconnected or due to age cracked or broke.
2nd that
Boxsterra - 9 years ago
If you use a little mirror you can see if the accordion hose is on properly. Even when it looks from first appearance as if it's correct, sometimes it's kinked or not all correct in the back. The bottom flange should be flush all the way around.

Thanks to Mark W and Boxsterra for the reply. The problem was when I replace the forward cross tube the small vacuum line did not get put on securely enough to stay on. When I took the tube off I found that line was not connected. Everything with the AOS was great.

I can't speak highly enough of this community and the help they have provided to me over the past 8 years of Boxster ownership.

Cheers,

Neil

201 Boxster S
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login