Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
As some of you will know from posts below, I collected a fair amount of water under my passenger-side carpet because (I now think) of a clogged drain along the lip under my clamshell. Having now, one hopes, diagnosed the problem, I have been drying out the car in the way most used by professional car types -- racing it up and down the GW Parkway here in Washington past the CIA with the top down, and stuffing paper towels behind the seat to soak up water.

I am proud to report that I have so far used seven rolls of paper towels to soak up the water, and I think I'm about done.

I'd like to think that our cars, the best in the world, as we know, can hold more water in the carpet than any of those pretentious Ferraris and certainly the fanboy Japanese pretenders. And don't get me started on Audis.

Let's congratulate ourselves again for having a car that rules in yet another area, the amount of water that can soak into the carpet.

Accept no substitutes.

2001 Base, purchased in 2004, replaced engine at 130K+, RIP 2017
recall on that same road telling the officer I was doing an Italian tuneup on my father's '65 Rambler. This was before the beltway existed and you went up the parkway and back down. By the back down part and his stop I had slowed to legal speed so he really had no proof but he knew from seeing me go up the other side.... (Since it is father's day, I should thank him for letting a teenager loose in a car with reclining seats.)

I'd stick the car under cover and put a fan running on the area for a day or two. (Seem to recall a Pedro pic of the mount he made to allow a window fan to be brought to bear on such an issue.

I had an Alfa rust out through the floorpan from letting wetness sit (well it was really the mechanics shop who left it out with the top down while I was on a cruise courtesy of Uncle Sam).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login