Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Thought you may like to see some of the fun I had this weekend:

[forums.rennlist.com]

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Nice write-up, Bruce; how much of a difference is there in sound?
If the car was already manly or at least hinted at having dangling brass ones, putting this on would be a disappointment. But the car sounds like a Buick. Therefore, the addition is worth it to me. Now is sounds "more Porsche like". It sounds more aggressive outside the car or with the windows down. The cabin is just so well dampened that .... well let's face it: Porsche is making an old fart's poser car now. There I said it.

My 2000 Boxster S..... I did no mods except paint the wheels the body color when they needed refurbished. I always had a curiosity of modding the car but never felt a need. This 911 is just too darn quiet and too darn comfortable. The other "mod" I did to it was change the alignment... I put max negative camber in the front... and took out negative camber in the rear. Besides extending the life of my rear tires, the car now is more lively and fun to drive (I am definitly outside of Porsche spec) but within spec, the car is just a dead, old-man cruiser.

So the exhaust is a wee-bit louder but more importantly, to me, is the character of the sound. At steady speed, you probably would not notice a difference but under acceleration or lifting the throttle, you get a raspier sound. Lifting the throttle but keeping the clutch engaged makes a near race car sound. Again, none of this is loud. I just drove two hours on the Jersey speedpike with the stereo on and really didn't notice anything unless I really focused on it.

In my months of on and off research, only two people didn't like it and their reason was that is was not loud enough.

So, if there are any Boxster/Cayman owners out there feeling 911-envy, don't.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Interesting. I have a 2009 997S Cab, and the noise is much better than my 2002 986S. That thing spits and snarls on start up. It's much louder in my one-car garage than my other cars. My wife doesn't like to make cell phone calls in the car because it is louder than my previous Boxsters. On highway drives, I sometimes just punch the gas without downshifting, just to hear the grunt. I think if it came with PSE, the noise would be too annoying for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login