Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Combine it with other touring? Go with a group? You and wifey? Sounds like a blast either way.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Got into Paris Friday morning. Visited the Musee d'Orsay... amazing building with a great Impressionist collection. More Renoirs in one place than I recall anywhere else. Also the Orangerie. I hadn't been to either of these places before. In the evening I went to the top of the Tour Montparnasse, 59th floor roof deck with a panoramic view that rivals that of the Tour Eiffel. Saturday morning to Le Mans via TGV (which were running, fortunately!) Amazing time at the track with a Chinetti grandstand seat, but wandered around most of the time and got very, very little sleep. After the race I went to St. Julian, the great old cathedral. Back in NY Monday evening. Porsches didn't come close to winning except at about hour 20, and didn't expect them to. At least Toy... hack... (something caught in my throat) ahem... Toyota didn't win: the company that makes the Celica, fer chrissakes! And... Vive la France!
...small world. We were in Versailles Friday but unfortunately did not get to Le Mans circuit. Saturday we were at the Louvre and the Montmarte area. Flew home Sunday.

The first several days were spent in London. Stayed in Kensington and travelled to Paris on the Eurostar.....what a great train ride, no rock, no roll and no click clack just smooth fast travel.
D'Orsay?
Laz - 9 years ago
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
...yes we were impressed with the impressionists. Never realized that many version of famous scenes were painted. Also that shadows and filtered sun was first portrayed by those guys.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login