Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Hello folks,

I'm replacing my old ( damaged) seats with new take-out seats from a 987 Cayman S. This, unfortunately, means the connectors differ.

So far i have figured out many of the connectors on both sides (although the actual way the heated seats work still mystifies me a bit...).

My request though, is simple:

There are some small-wire connectors for the seat-belt latch and other things. Those are not my issue at the moment.

There is also a connector with 5 (in my case) round plugs on it. Female cylinders on the car side and male plugs, much like a mini banana plug, on the seat side.

I need a few of the male plugs - i either need to know what to buy, or to get maybe a take-off from an old 986 seat that i could scavane. If need by i can take a picture.

Anybody?

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
And some of them you can buy from Digikey and similar sites. A lot of them (even ones they won't sell due to their OEM agreement) have spec sheets.
Kinda hoping for some junk yard to help me.

I did find some of the parts confusingly labeled at Auto Atlanta - sent them an email.

Worse comes to worse i'll just buy the little pins.

Grant

Grant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2014 08:31AM by grant. (view changes)
It also seems that the pins, raw, are available at almost reasonable prices $2 ish.

I may simply buy the pins and solder the wires on.

Any familiarity with what appear to be mini-banans, around 80-90/1000s diameter? standard part?

Grant

Grant

Paul Miller's head tech was at the track with me and said "stop by any afternoon and we'll rummage".

Which sounds dandy.

Now i need to work on a free late afternoon........

Grant

Grant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2014 08:45PM by grant. (view changes)
Here's a pic
grant - 9 years ago
I have the seatbelt/airbag connector done. I need only to add the 12V power for seatback motor and heater, and the 4 smaller wires for seat heater control.

This shows ONLY the larger 12V power connectors ( this is my track car and does not have seat heater wiring on the car side).

I'm hoping to get 8 of the large, round banana style connectors this afternoon.

Here's a (terrible) pic of the connector. See dimly 6 round plugs. In this case 4 are metal and active ( 12V x 2), one white fiber plug ( fake) and one empty place.

[i58.tinypic.com]

Grant

Grant

got the pins!!
grant - 9 years ago
took a lot of digging! here are 3 of them

[i58.tinypic.com]

Grant

Grant

with these wire seals

Source: [www.te.com]
Grant

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login