Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
For street use, there is a risk that the increased depth(+2 qts.) creates a risk of damaging the sump on road debris.This is stated clearly in the product details. There are competitve products that are shallower and therefore address this issue to some extent.But they do not have Pedro's horizontal baffle.
Is there an intelligent way to get the horizontal dam(as Pedro calls it) without such a thick sump spacer and with a correspondingly thinner pick up tube spacers ?
Alternatively , is there a sump guard/skid plate available ?
Why am I trying so hard to have an additional version of Pedro's TechnoSump offered and not just buy a competitors shallower design? Because none of the competitors designs have the horizontal baffle. This baffle seems to be a key element (and comfirmed by his testing at Sebring). It reduces the tendency of the oil to 'climb' the walls of the vertical baffles and escape from the pickup area -on long, fast curves with even moderate G force.
If Pedro waits too long ,some of the competitors may just add the horizontal dam and snag that opportunity for themselves.That would be a shame because it is Pedro's idea.
I would be grateful for any suggestions.
I drive over exposed manhole-covers, steep curbs, constructions zones, and even took an 80 mph off-road at Pocono Sat night.

No issues.

I would not worry.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Grant,
Thanks for the data point.Interesting routes you take.
Had you consiidered a Cayenne may more closely suit your driving envirnment and style :-) ?
the route around many tracks, trading speed for a more direct route. :-)

I doubt this would be popular with the stewards.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Agree. Mine is also on a lowered car that gets both street and track use. No issues whatsoever.
First, the statement is a CYA statement. You know, the modern world in which we live.
Second, you can purchase one and take the large and small spacer to a machine shop to have them shaved.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login