Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Road trip!
ericp - 9 years ago
Tomorrow I am leaving MA on a 21 day trip around the country in the Boxster (01 Base) heading South first, then across, up the West coast and then back through Montana,SD, MN down to KY and then back to MA. Expecting to do about 9500 miles and see a lot of the country. Should be a fun trip!

-Eric
Wow - enjoy
grant - 9 years ago
Get your kicks on rte 66!

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: Wow - enjoy
ericp - 9 years ago
Oh, I plan to! At least part of it.
Bend OR and Eugene OR (where I had the Boxster fitted, so to speak, with a folding bicycle), and then down into CA and out of CA into AZ and points east and ending back in KC Mo. About 8K miles in all. Great trip. Like to hit the road again but I have no time any more for road trips.
Take lots of pictures. Hope you'll have a chance to visit some of the national parks along the way. You've got some fabulous ones along that route.

Safe travels and enjoy.
Please do remember to stick to the 'blue highways', avoiding as interstates as much as practically possible. Much more to see and do!
I'll get plenty of pics, and also look into the book mentioned here, thanks!
And if you're going to drive between Bend and Burns Oregon, be sure to top up your tank first! In well over 100 miles the only possible hint of a gas station somewhere was a plywood sign with "GAƧ" hand-scrawled on it, but nothing else around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2014 03:04PM by Laz. (view changes)
Laz
And if you're going to drive between Bend and Burns Oregon, be sure to top up your tank first! In well over 100 miles the only possible hint of a gas station somewhere was a plywood sign with "GAƧ" hand-scrawled on it, but nothing else around.

Guess it was quite some time ago that guy needed GAƧ. Car and skeleton likely covered by dust and sand by now.
Great advice, I won't be in that area, but crossing Montana I plan to make sure I stay gassed up.
Re: Road trip!
db997S - 9 years ago
Ahh, the great American summer roadtrip. Sounds lie a wonderful way to spend three weeks. I recently went from DC to Charleston, SC, for a wedding, and on just that fairly short roadtrip, I think the Porschephile police are going to come take my car. I'm going to have to park it in a different locale each day, sort of like hiding it from the Repo Man. The reason, during the 1,400 mile trip, I used: rain sensor/speed wipers; cruise control; ventilated seats; cup holder; Bose stereo, PCM Bluetooth to make and receive calls; stereo/iPod; gasp, two power ports, 7th gear (PDK nonetheless) for 90% of the; and did not use PASM sport mode.

But, the nice thing about roadtrips, for me anyway, is you go from daily commuting drone car to remembering that you can go from cruising speed to lose-your-liscense speed in a blink of an eye. This is especially true when listening to the stereo at a very loud volume and not being able to hear the engine. These cars are also nice cures for three days of drinking too much, eating too much and sleeping too little for the return trip home.
ericp - 9 years ago
23 days, 31 states, 10,810 miles, 1 speeding ticket. What an amazing trip and a more amazing country! We had such a great time, can't wait to do that again.

-Eric
However, for my covering only 8500 miles, I didn't go far enough to get a ticket!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2014 05:42PM by Laz. (view changes)
Laz
However, for my covering only 8500 miles, I didn't go far enough to get a ticket!

grinning smiley ......as in "but officer, I was going that fast so I could get to a gas station before I ran out of gas." winking smiley
And...
Laz - 9 years ago
"A cop stopped me for speeding. He said, 'Why were you going so fast?' I said, 'See this thing my foot is on? It's called an accelerator. When you push down on it, it sends more gas to the engine. The whole car just takes right off. And see this thing [mimes steering wheel]? This steers it'"
-- Steven Wright
ericp
23 days, 31 states, 10,810 miles, 1 speeding ticket. What an amazing trip and a more amazing country! We had such a great time, can't wait to do that again.

-Eric

Sounds like you had a terrific trip. Would love to see some pictures. smiling smiley
ericp - 9 years ago
I am sorting through pics and will get a few up here very soon. It was such a great trip.
I've taken my 03 for one or two 2k mile trips. Each was a joy. I envy your chance.
Have a great time!!!! I'm sure you will. If you get to SoCal, let me know, always like to get together.

Joanne
Re: I'm jealous!!!
ericp - 9 years ago
Sorry, already back, my Mom is in Escondido, we stopped to see her in Hemet at her boyfriend's place.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login