Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I have to replace my tire pressure monitoring sensors, and I'm curious if anyone has been adventurous with brand. Pelican and Autohausaz have them for (unless I'm misreading the sites) about $120 for a single sensor.
Does that sound about right?

For about the same price on ebay, I found what looks to be a set of all four sensors as well as valve stems and a remote screen (presumably for people who want to retrofit their cars I guess). Both items claim to be 433 MHz. Is that frequency the only thing that matters? I'm wondering if anyone has tried something like the weird ebay kit...

Or maybe today is my lucky day, and pelican and autohaus are really telling me the price for a set of 4 sensors...
My post from a year ago.

[pedrosboard.com]

The generic sensors are still working fine after a year.
Re: off brand TPMS
Obiwan - 9 years ago
Just replaced mine on 07' boxster. First I called my Porsche dealer and gave them my vin #. They informed me my Boxster has 433 MHz. Then I ordered a set from OE wheels.

[www.oewheelsllc.com]

Paid $312.00 for the set. I then took the car to Sun tires and they installed them for $10 a tire. The car recognized the new senors and I was done. Haven't had a problem since.

I didn't want to play around with after market senors.....

Richie
I put in my 997. Had them for about 18 months before I sold the car. No problems.

[www.titantpms.com]

Good luck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login