Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Thanks to the folks who respond to my earlier post about opening the front hood when the battery is dead. Here is one piece of advice and one item of trivia.

Advice: Do not leave your lug nut lock key in the trunk (front or rear). w/o the key, you can't remove the wheel, so you can't open the front hood using the pull release in the wheel well.

Trivia: I bought a new battery (and bought a new jumper cable because mine was well rusted). Everything should have gone fine. Hooked up the wires to the new battery, the pull-out fuse, and grounded it to the door lock bar. (As described in Pedro's website, THANK YOU). Got some little sparks, so it sounded good. Pulled the lever to release the front hood. Nothing. Jiggled things around, tried a few times. Nothing. So, I figured if the dealer had a set of nut keys, I could borrow mine and get the trunk opened via the wheel well. It's Saturday, service is closed, so I talked with Casey (sold me the car), and he said "use the key" to unlock the front hood instead of the lever. Pressed the key button. Viola! It popped open.

1999 Arctic Sivler/black/black (sold)
2008s Silver/black/black - so predictable
2011 Outback
8/24/2011 first Grandson
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login