Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Old and new
Laz - 9 years ago
Together again
Re: Old and new
BLKBOXS - 9 years ago
You mean Best and Bestwinking smiley

MIKELLIG
Did you.....
Gary in SoFL - 9 years ago
....give him his money back? winking smiley

Two beautiful butts.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I just sat in the passenger seat for a 20 mile each way spirited drive. What a smooth running, all-of-a-piece vehicle the 986 is!
Laz
I just sat in the passenger seat for a 20 mile each way spirited drive. What a smooth running, all-of-a-piece vehicle the 986 is!

I absolutely agree, with you Laz. The 986, 987 and 981 are all fabulous cars, timeless in their design. The Boxster has evolved and the 981 is still unmistakingly a Boxster. People who aren't familiar with the Boxster will look at a well maintained, 10 year old 986 and think it's a brand new car. There aren't many cars that can pull that off.
I have a 986 that is showing its age in some ways, but quite frankly, as long as it runs well and doesn't start costing me huge amounts in repairs, I'm happy to keep it until it drops. I understand the subsequent models have been improvements and, were I to be buying the car today I'd buy as late a model as I could afford, but the car -- now 14 years old -- still drives like a spirited sports car and still does what it should. If I needed to replace it tomorrow and could only swing around $10 grand or so, if I could find a well-maintained 986, I'd buy it and never look back.

2001 Base, purchased in 2004, replaced engine at 130K+, RIP 2017
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login