Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Does anyone here own a Panamera? I was given a 2014 as a loaner recently, and was very impressed with how well it drove. And (perish the thought), I actually find it handsome.

I'm interested in owners' comments regarding its cargo utility.
I don't own one, but have poked around one--the rear seats are more comfortable than most cars' front seats. It really seems to have great cargo capabilities as the rear seats fold down. I tend to think of it as a large, albeit, very expensive, hatch back. Not sure what you'd want to load into it as to avoid beating up the interior. If the hybrid wasn't so much money, I'd consider one, too, but I don't mind trashing my wife's Prius, but would have second thoughts of doing the same with a Panamera. I still am finding pine needles from the Christmas Tree in the Prius. Bagged mulch from Home Depot kills the new car smell pretty fast.
Panamera
Roger987 - 9 years ago
At some point, I'm going to have to replace my much-loved 5 series wagon. At 14 years of age, it's had a LOT of love (i.e. many, many parts replacements). Yes, indeed, my Fiver has made many successful trips to Home Depot and, well, just about anywhere one might buy something large. Though the cargo space isn't as tall as that of an SUV, it's much longer.

My 528iT offers the efficiency and handling of a BMW sports sedan (before they went soft), with the utility of a large SUV. Guenter and Michelle (more accurately, Michelle and Guenter) have a 3 wagon, which they enjoy. The new 3 is great, but for my non-sports car, I gravitate towards a larger car.

The Panamera hadn't really been on my radar until I drove one a couple weeks ago. In terms of driving dynamics, it easily surpassed the A6, A7, Merc E and BMW 3 and 5, all of which I've driven. But as against the A7, E350 wagon, and even the 3 series wagon and GT, the Panamera comes up short in cargo area.

I was just SO impressed with the Panamera, I felt I had to look at it more closely. (And lest anyone think I'm loaded, rest assured it would be a pre-owned model.)
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I like to gamble when I have a feeling for the odds and the rewards are great. Thus, my 987.2 out of warranty is my kind of gamble. I have a good feeling for the odds by hanging out here. I wonder where you might find such a forum for the Panamera?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login