Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
We had a chance to attend this the first time this year. It's quite an event. This year, the Mini was the marque of the year. It's a week long event, including vintage car races through the streets of Schenley Park. There were about 120 Porsches alone, with hundreds of other brands also represented. Just a few of the cars there:

First one is for Pedro.

356 Celebrating a half century.

Beautifully restored / maintained 1969 Karmann Ghia with all original looking hardware. Reminded me of the '68 cab that I had.

1957 BMW Isetta.

50's Cadillac. When fender skirts where in.

This one did not have the Flux Capacitor option.

This one begs the question: Why?

Love the biped mirror.

great looking little Alfa.

The Porsche section.

Mini then and Mini now. Because of perspective, you don't really see just how much smaller the original is, compared to the new one.

... which I hope is still available in 2016.
I think I'm going after a 718S in GT3 Orange, if it's true that its under 2600 lbs. and has 350HP.

That event seems very nice Guenter.
Looks like there were a lot of people.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
"Paddock" area.

...and some at speed.

"This one begs the question: Why?"

---Because they can?
Love that shade sad smiley. The builder must have had a lot of time on his hands.

A car Kermit the frog could love.

MikenOH
"This one begs the question: Why?"

---Because they can?
Love that shade sad smiley. The builder must have had a lot of time on his hands.

A car Kermit the frog could love.

Guess I just don't get the Lambo doors. This must (hopefully) be the only 4 Lambo doored vehicle. Somehow, they look good on a Lamborghini, but on a four door sedan?

Here's another angle. Lots of fun getting in and out of this thing.

Variation on the "broomstick"rule?
Something I'd never thought I'd see - a Mini Moke racer. On the right of your "paddock" pic.

Lambo doors? We don't need no stinking doors!
I, too, have a soft spot for the Karmann Ghia.

Did you see the article in Excellence, within the last year, where a custom Karmann Ghia body had been installed on a Boxster chassis?

It was a thing of beauty. Truly.
Roger987
I, too, have a soft spot for the Karmann Ghia.

Did you see the article in Excellence, within the last year, where a custom Karmann Ghia body had been installed on a Boxster chassis?

It was a thing of beauty. Truly.

I remember the article. I think I've said it before, but until I got my Boxster, my '68 KG was always my favourite car. It was no rocket, just a beautiful car. When introduced in '55, I believe it was the first car with curved side glass and the top had an inner liner and sound insulation. Wish now that I had more pictures of it. This one was taken in Florida.

I also recall an indy mechanic that used to service my air cooled VW's and KG. He had installed a 356 engine into his Karmann Ghia. He had a bit of fun with that. grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login