Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Picked up CURVEN8R 2 a year ago today. It's been quite a ride. Every one of the 22,250 km ( 13,825 mi.) has been an absolute permagrin inducing experience. With it being a gorgeous day here in Ontario, I just had to get out for at least a short drive. I even remembered (finally) to turn on that radio thingy in the center consol. It doesn't sound bad, but I just couldn't find a station that was playing my favourite driving song, so I switched if off again and just listened to the Symphony in Flat Six live, played by the 315 member orchestra. Love those PSE speakers.

I still can't get over how this cars feels and handles. It just eats up the corners and is still comfortable on an 800 mile drive. It's got lots of get up and go and still delivers good gas mileage. On last weekend's trip to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, I averaged 8.4 litres/100 km (28 mpg). Granted most of that was highway, cruising between 70 & 80 mph on the 600 mile round trip.

Got some compliments today too. Funniest one was a lady taking a picture of the car with her smart phone as I was coming out of a store. I smiled and told her I charge $2 per picture. She laughed and said that her son was going to love the picture of the car. Then her husband piped up and said, "Whatdaya mean our son. I love that car. Look at how happy that guy looks. Don't you want me to be that happy?" A fun couple.

The couple was right though. I do really feel fortunate to be driving a car like this. The thrill starts every time I get behind the wheel and twist that key with my left hand.

Had to stop for at least a couple of pictures.

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
How are your tires holding up? My 981 has around 16,000 miles and I just replaced the OEM Pirellis with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Actually, the front tires had more life in them, but the rears were getting down. I probably could have gone further, but with a couple of long trips in mind, I wanted to get it done locally rather than try to find a tire dealer while traveling.
Tire FYI
Laz - 9 years ago
Hi Ld,
I don't keep an exact account of tire life, but my original Goodyear rears were at 1/8th - 3/16ths at about 20,000 miles. The car's mileage was higher as it has a full set of snows (Michelin PA4 n-spec.) The car now has just shy of 35,000 and the fronts look like they're good for at least another 10,000.
Happy Motoring!
Laz
Lawdevil & CURVN8R
How are your tires holding up? My 981 has around 16,000 miles and I just replaced the OEM Pirellis with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Actually, the front tires had more life in them, but the rears were getting down. I probably could have gone further, but with a couple of long trips in mind, I wanted to get it done locally rather than try to find a tire dealer while traveling.

So how do you like the PSS vs. the P Zeros? I suspect I'll be making the same decision next year.
Tires
Guenter in Ontario - 9 years ago
Mike, from the look of my rear tires, I think they should be good for maybe another 4 - 5K miles. They seem to wearing a bit faster than the Conti sports I had on my other the 987. I think it has something to do with the sound waves / vibrations of the PSE causing the rubber to dematerialize. winking smiley
And during those long winter s*ow-filled months, listening to this may help:

[www.youtube.com]
Roger987

[www.youtube.com]

That will help, Roger.
---
Guenter, Happy Anniversary ! May you have many more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2014 08:25AM by MikenOH. (view changes)
Roger987

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks, Roger. Sounds great. smiling smiley I've also made some of my own recording to replay. cool smiley
And to think you weren't able to drive the car for quite a few months. You would have over 20K if you could smiling smiley

It's been fun to see your pics and all the drives you take, feel like I'm there with you at times

Joanne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login