Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I have a 2005 Boxster S. The Frunk or Bonnet will not open with the interior floor switch. However, opens without complications with the key button. What's up?
... the switch.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Pedro,

How do I confirm the switch is the problem? If it is a DYI, Then how do I fix/replace it?
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Does anyone have ideas about where those wires go? Is there a reasonable place to test?
but of course you already know nothing's getting there using the switch.

Generally, the wiring it not the problem. If you are sure there is no fuse that could account for this behavior (there is a fuse that controls my 996's spoiler and engine compartment lid so be aware these fuse and circuit assignments can be rather (to me anyhow) disorganized).

Thus I would hazard a WAG that if you would expose the switch and its wiring you'd probably see the problem. The switch to open the front trunk and the rear trunk look to be the same to me based on what I can see. If the switches can be easily swapped you can swap them and see if the non-operation symptom follows the switch.
You can probably unplug the module and just test the wires on the plug.

You need to test continuity between the wire that goes to the switch and ground (which also goes to the switch). Google around for a wiring diagram if you don't already have one. It's probably the same as the 986. Most things are.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login