Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
It might've been available with earlier Boxsters: there's a "Soft - Normal - Strong" option in the AC menu that allows adjustment for the range of the fans' automatic speed control. Originally, sometimes the speed would be excessively high and noisy for a given temperature setting, so I'd adjust the speed manually, which takes the system out of Auto mode. By setting the range to "Soft" the ventilation noise is reduced, yet still provides adequate flow. Funny realizing what the function can do after 2 years of ownership!
Laz
It might've been available with earlier Boxsters: there's a "Soft - Normal - Strong" option in the AC menu that allows adjustment for the range of the fans' automatic speed control. Originally, sometimes the speed would be excessively high and noisy for a given temperature setting, so I'd adjust the speed manually, which takes the system out of Auto mode. By setting the range to "Soft" the ventilation noise is reduced, yet still provides adequate flow. Funny realizing what the function can do after 2 years of ownership!

In addition, through the OBC AC settings, you can elect to have air come through the top dash vents, which further reduces cold/hot air blasting directly at you through the normal dash vents and just surrounds you with your selected temperature.

It really is amazing just how much you can customize functions in the new 981's and 991's. All you need to do is go through the menus when you have some time. I suppose if you have the infotainment system, you'll likely need a few days to go through all the options. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login