Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Issue is counterfeits and these prices that are all over the place. Any insights? I want the regular color, D2S C1 model.

1 - A poster on another board buys from these guys and says they are original Philips at $89
Recommended eBay vendor
2 - Philip's own website will point you to Amazon who is selling the same C1 for $43 (box label implies gray market from Mexico). This is the real Amazon, not an associated retailer. They also point to HomeDepot who is selling it for $70
Philips site to pick a retailer
3 - Philips lighting catalog warns about counterfeits.
Philips Catalog
4 - Pep Boys selling for $99
PepBoys
5 - Suncoast is selling for $120
Suncoast

Sheesh!

I want to get the real deal and not a counterfeit but the prices appear all over the place. Very odd and makes me nervous.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2014 08:49AM by Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S). (view changes)
One of the places that seems legit,
Candlepower.com
And you may want to try this guy, although he does not list HID stuff on his site, he is a very reputable guy in the Subaru performance lighting area. He does alot with high power rally stuff and may have some info for you on where best to find the philips D2S...
Daniel Stern Lighting

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Update:

Purchased the bulb from Amazon, per Philips link. I checked the box security codes on Philips website and it checks out as genuine. All is good. $42

[www.amazon.com]

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login