Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
On the way home from dinner, a large pickup truck was in front of me at a red light. With the green we both made a right turn. No drama, nothing aggressive on my part. Then, apparently with every upshift, his truck belched out huge, and I mean huge clouds of grayish-black smoke from the tailpipes that were literally blinding and intermittently engulfing my entire car, and pretty much doing the same to other cars behind me. Backing way off (and I'm not a tailgater) didn't help much. I figured the guy had something majorly wrong with his engine. When I got to a passing zone at the beginning of a 55 posted limit, I jetted around him, hitting 70+. Not the best judgement on my part, as there are commercial driveways along the road. As soon as I got back in lane I got down to the limit, and about a half mile up made a left. He continued straight and I didn't see any more smoke.

When I got home, a bit of internet surfing revealed that there's a movement (more like a bowel movement) called "coal rolling" where diesels are modified to dump fuel at the flip of a switch, all in protest of, get this: environmentalists and those who drive small cars*, especially Japanese "rice burners." The same guy who likely complains about how bad the economy is apparently has enough discretionary (not that these cretins have much discretion) income to blow it on dumbass mods and super-high fuel consumption. One site I looked at, a forum of sorts, was pretty vile.

I'll bet he was sort of ok once he saw "Porsche," a nice German car.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2014 09:04PM by Laz. (view changes)
Unfortunately part of a very deliberate trend call 'Coal Rolling' Pathetic, but true.
Can't be good for the engine and/or cats. But, then I doubt these are the sharpest knives in the drawer.
Or the brightest lights on the tree....
Best to ignore them as they have nothing to offer that is of value.
The Neanderthal... sorry, that insults Neanderthals... must've gotten extra jollies because my car's top was down. I didn't get ticked off until I got home and realized it was a malicious act. I also recalled Stephen Colbert did a skit on coal rolling some months ago. I just watched it and it's hysterically funny and clever, but didn't include a link here as it might be construed as crossing the line (just a bit) into politics. Highly recommended for a good satirical laugh.
There are kinds in this world. Some are contributors to society, others are a drain on it. Obviously, the trucker was one of the latter.

Problem with the unburned diesel fuel isn't just the environment, waste of money, but also leaves some oily deposits on the car. Not impossible to get off, but a pain non the less.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login