Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I have been without a Porsche a few months and was very glad the new CS was delivered today. The CS drives and sounds great. This is my very first car with a automatic tranny. Since retiring & moving to FL, I have been doing track time at Sebring. So, my go faster options are: PDK , PTV, Sport Suspension, Sport Steering Wheel, 19" Boxster Wheels, Sport Chrono Package and Sport Seats Plus. The color is GT Silver to set me off from the rest of the pack. WOW, what a funny feeling to drive a sports car without a clutch.

BTW: I will be going to Sebring the end of September......question is....should I let Pedro drive my Cayman S.

[i198.photobucket.com]

[i198.photobucket.com]

[i198.photobucket.com]
Beautiful car. You have excellent taste in colour. hot smiley ... transmission, I won't comment on.

Looks like you ordered white instruments. I was considering that just to make the tach easier to read.

Once you have a chance to take it through some real corners, I'd love to hear your impression of that sports suspension.

Enjoy!!!!
Guenter in Ontario
Beautiful car. You have excellent taste in colour. hot smiley ... transmission, I won't comment on.

Looks like you ordered white instruments. I was considering that just to make the tach easier to read.

Once you have a chance to take it through some real corners, I'd love to hear your impression of that sports suspension.

Enjoy!!!!

I can't wait to see how much faster I will be @ Sebring; however, I need a little time to get used to where the engine is. And I will be running street tires.

I had been running Hankook RS3 and PFC brake pads on my 997. I have to make a decision about my future set up. Hopefully, I will be able to run PFC's on the street without any noise just as I come to stop at a light. If the PFC's are okay, then I will change tire to the Super Sports and won't have to chance pads and wheel just for track days. If I need to change pads, I will get a set of 18" wheels and Nitto or Hankook tires. The PFC pads for the CS are not available yet. So, it will be after the February DE when I will make a decision.

Since I have the sport suspension and PTV, I’m not sure if I will be able to tell which one is making me better in the corners. Also, I did not get PASM.
Harvey in FL

I can't wait to see how much faster I will be @ Sebring; however, I need a little time to get used to where the engine is. And I will be running street tires.

I had been running Hankook RS3 and PFC brake pads on my 997. I have to make a decision about my future set up. Hopefully, I will be able to run PFC's on the street without any noise just as I come to stop at a light. If the PFC's are okay, then I will change tire to the Super Sports and won't have to chance pads and wheel just for track days. If I need to change pads, I will get a set of 18" wheels and Nitto or Hankook tires. The PFC pads for the CS are not available yet. So, it will be after the February DE when I will make a decision.

Since I have the sport suspension and PTV, I’m not sure if I will be able to tell which one is making me better in the corners. Also, I did not get PASM.

I think the sport suspension makes the biggest difference. PTV helps you on the edge. For the suspension it's SS or PASM. You can't have both.

I have a feeling it won't take you long to get the feel of a car with the engine in the ideal location for ultimate handling. smiling smiley
Great looking car
MikenOH - 9 years ago
I like your option list--all the stuff you need to have fun at the track.

Looking at those gauges makes me think I'll do them in white next time (in my next life).

Looking back at a pic I posted recently on a GT silver GTS, I greatly prefer the stock S front bumper treatment--the black accents don't do anything for this car, IMO.
Beautiful car! Congrats!

Chris - '01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black ; '87 944 Turbo (track beast) ; '86 944 - needs a new home!
Beautiful car...best wishes.

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Congrats again.
Great looking car.
Happy Caymaning
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
except for you. I'm sure they did not want to get on your bad side or hurt your feelings..Right? Yes, you can drive my car as long as you don't drive it like it was stolen or I should say the way you gave me a demo ride in your car. winking smiley
Harvey in FL
except for you. I'm sure they did not want to get on your bad side or hurt your feelings..Right? Yes, you can drive my car as long as you don't drive it like it was stolen or I should say the way you gave me a demo ride in your car. winking smiley

I thought it was a rhetorical question. winking smiley
Guenter in Ontario

I thought it was a rhetorical question. winking smiley

I guess I should have put the question in CAPITAL letters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2014 09:47AM by Harvey in FL. (view changes)
Good luck and have fun with your new toy. Very nice.
Rev Dennis
Good luck and have fun with your new toy. Very nice.

Thanks Dennis. Next time you come south, please call me. I can let you drive a real sports car.
Great color, understated, tons of options. Enjoy the car on the road and the track.

We've discussed 981s extensively so i'll pass on further compliments, but i have lots.

Did you get EIEIO?

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Gorgeous !
Roger987 - 9 years ago
Mike said "Looking back at a pic I posted recently on a GT silver GTS, I greatly prefer the stock S front bumper treatment--the black accents don't do anything for this car, IMO.":

I agree entirely.
That's a great looking car. It won't take long to get used to the mid engine layout on the track. You've got a great set of options for that as well.

My vote would be to let Pedro show you the lines for the corners to get you faster, sooner! smiling smiley

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
I know the lines at Sebring. I just need to be faster thru the curves to carry more speed out of the curves. Pedro will build my confidence.

Take a look at my Sebring lines from last May.

[www.youtube.com]

When are you coming to Sebring? I may get to VIR next fall.
Funny you should mention that! A track friend did a David Murry event last year at Sebring and there's the 48 hours event. I did an event at Road Atlanta in the spring this year and I'd love to get on Sebring next year.

Let me know if you're coming up to VIR. I was just there last weekend with Potomac. They do a 3 day event every year over Labor Day weekend, and Zone 2 puts on a 3 day event in the spring as well.

Now that I'm all set for traveling, I'm up for a road trip!

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Harvey,

Very, very nice! I think you made a great choice in cars, and in transmissions. Rowing the gears for fun aside, for the track pdk should be wonderful. I drove a loaner with pdk and the sports/track setting was incredible. I didn't use is it much being on the streets, it is too much for street driving, but I can see why folks like it for the track

As for letting Pedro or anyone else drive it, I don't see a problem. 1 or 2 people drove my 1999. No one but me and my daughter have driven my 08. She is 38 and I know I can trust her. My only concern in letting others drive my car has to do with the clutch, shifting, not lugging it, etc. From I can gather, that would not be a concern with pdk (unless an idiot put it in 5th gear and floored if from a stop, but pdk might not even allow that!). If I had pdk, I would not be concerned about other peoples' driving habits while driving my Boxster.
Thanks for all the kind words. I completed my 2K miles by doing round trip to TX. Got to visit with kids for a few days. Had motor oil and brake fluid (SRF) changed yesterday. Now I'm ready for Sebring.
Now the fun begins, when you can urge all 325 horses into a full, unrestrained gallop. cool smiley

I'll be interested to hear how you feel about that Sports Suspension, along with the Sports Plus seats and having the engine in the ultimate location for handling, once you have a chance to put it though its paces.

And don't get fooled by the GT Silver paint. Although it might seem like it, it won't actually make the car faster. It just makes it look better. winking smiley
Re: Oh boy!
Gary in SoFL - 9 years ago
Guenter in Ontario
.....I'll be interested to hear how you feel about that Sports Suspension....

Although he won't admit it, I suspect G-man is having second thoughts. winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gary in SoFL
Guenter in Ontario

Although he won't admit it, I suspect G-man is having second thoughts. winking smiley

Absolutely. I mull it over every morning over a cup of BurgerTims double double.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2014 07:01PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Re: Oh boy!
Gary in SoFL - 9 years ago
Guenter in Ontario
Gary in SoFL
Guenter in Ontario

Absolutely. I mull it over every morning over a cup of BurgerTims double double.

Better watch your cholesterol smiling bouncing smiley

Well..... to tell the truth, I seldomly have a Tim's coffee. I like to brew it at home and prefer to have it black.

OK, second confession. Since I don't drink BurgerTim's double double, I really have 0 time for second thoughts on my choices. I just spend my time doing the research before, with seldom if ever having any regrets. I just put up with the extra dose of permagrin.
Guenter in Ontario

I'll be interested to hear how you feel about that Sports Suspension, along with the Sports Plus seats and having the engine in the ultimate location for handling, once you have a chance to put it though its paces.

And don't get fooled by the GT Silver paint. Although it might seem like it, it won't actually make the car faster. It just makes it look better. winking smiley

I'm planning to run with the Pirelli tires that came with the car for my first DE event. So, I guess I will only driving at 80%. I had Hankook RS3 on the 997. Maybe I will try fitting the 18" wheels and Hankook to see if they fit. And if they do fit, I'll need permission from Pedro to use them.

BTW, I was told the GT Silver is the most sun reflective paint and therefore a faster car. That's why it is the most popular color. winking smiley
Harvey in FL
WOW, what a funny feeling to drive a sports car without a clutch.

what are you talking about? it has TWO CLUTCHES!!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
frogster
Harvey in FL
WOW, what a funny feeling to drive a sports car without a clutch.

what are you talking about? it has TWO CLUTCHES!!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"without a clutch pedal." I will be using my left foot for braking. So, I still will need two feet for driving. smiling bouncing smiley

Glad to see you back to the forum.
Harvey in FL
Glad to see you back to the forum.

thanks. i thought it was time that i dropped by for a visit. nice to see so many familiar "faces" (handles) still around! plus, i was just in time to catch the old "more downforce/less lift" and "crow's foot on a torque wrench" arguments!!! smileys with beer

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login