Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
View My Video

Oh wait, I think I spotted the problem…

View My Video

Remember: Eat more turkey!
You sure had me going Marc...I was thinking ..umm loose belt or bearings?? eye rolling smiley

MIKELLIG
Where were you in that those guys are running around freely?
and is out and about every morning after daylight and every evening until dark.

Since I leave for work late in the AM he challenges my Boxster (or the 996) whenever I get in the car and start the engine. Backing out is a real pain as he runs around and gets behind the car and tries to block my progress.

I let the car move slowly and he gives way but it is slow going.

But once out of the parking space I fake him by going in the opposite direction I intend to go. So I start by backing up and when he's behind the car I shift into 1st and pull away before he can get around in front of the car.

Sometimes though I have to stop at the office to pick up mail and he's right at the car. I have to shoo him away but he doesn't shoo far. I have adopted using a water bottle to splash water on him which gets him further away. Before this I had to watch him as I turned my attention to get into the car he'd get uncomfortably too close.

Happens almost every day. More than once I've seen the neighbors standing on the sidewalk and enjoying the show.

Other times I run out before he's around but when I come back he's out on the road blocking traffic. More than once I've pulled out into the road and got his attention and driven slowly as he runs along side the car and continue this into the driveway of the apartment complex. Once he's far enough away from the street I accelerate away and leave him in a cloud of dust. Using the Boxster to wrangle a turkey. I never could have imagined doing this with my Porsche.

Talked to the apartment management and animal control has said they'll just put him down if they come out for him. At first I was not willing to see him end up that way, but I'm changing my mind. Crazy bird.
but he sure admires his reflection in my lapis blue Boxster. I think he sometimes sees his reflection in the car's side windows too which is why he gets so excited and runs around the car. I've never seen him peck my car but I see him pecking at chrome bumpers or even chrome wheels of other cars.
yesterday as I was trying to unload the Boxster and the bird actually attacked a bag I had removed from the car and was thankfully holding it between myself and the bird. The turkey has quite a kick. I fetched a water bottle from the seat and tried to chase him away but he jumped on the hood of my Boxster. Afraid he'd go on the roof I backed off.

Anyhow, the neighbor told me he has watched the turkey peck at its reflection in his new Chevy and in that other Porsche, the silver one, parked on the other side of the complex. I told him that's my car too.

I'm about ready to insist management call animal control and remove the bird. Attacking me is bad enough but pecking at my cars? That should be an automatic death sentence!
That's funny...

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
We have found the perfect "alarm system" for that type of problem...also works well for squirrels, birds, and other small creatures.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login