Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Track Studs
grant - 9 years ago
I finally went and bought studs for my "track" car, looking for the best balance of quality and price i could find.

I especially thank Trygve for pointing me to apex, who make what are reputed to be very high quality, approved for NASCAR and PCA club racing, or so i infer.

I got the pro series studs, which are bullet nose, black oxide finish. The machining looks very good, and feels very good. Installation was a snap, once i got the hang of the two-nut, two-wrench method. I cleaned out my hub threads before installation and used blue thread locker with a torque of 18 lb-ft (suggested by ACS).

With the 80mm studs, there is plenty of room, should i wish to add a moderate spacer in the future.

When all was added total cost for 22 studs and 22 nuts ( 2 spares), on my doorstep, was $169.. More than the cheap guys (whiich seem to break, ouch) but less than some high quality alternatives.

Time will tell how they work out, and so will I :-)

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
many local guys use and are pleased (especially GT2/3 owners smart enough to convert away from ill-prone CLs). They will stretch over time and need replaced at which point you'll be happy you used blue as opposed to FTNG-tight thread-lock red.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login