Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
track time
Harvey in FL - 9 years ago
Took my month old Cayman S to the PCA DE @ Sebring this past weekend. This car is amazing on the track.hot smiley I was running stock brake pads and tires. Compared to my 997, the Cayman seems to me that it is a lot faster in the curves. I guess because I have sport suspension and PTV. The car felt flatter and more in control. I even was doing some trail braking in some turns. I was using sport mode and not sport plus. Also, I have the sport seats plus and use the CG-Lock to hold my hips in tight. It's so nice not having to heal & toe and be able to concentrate more so on braking and turning points. On the second day, my times were a consistently 7 to 8 seconds faster than my best 997 times at Sebring. The 997 had Hankook RS3's and PFC brake pads.

With new brake pads and better tires, I guess my times will be in the mid to upper 2:30's. The PFC front pads are not available for some time. Pagid brake pads are next. Regarding tires, I love my Hankook RS3's from the 997; but, they don't make the rear in my size or have any close sizes in stock. So, I'm going with the Yokohama AD08 R. They should have a little more grip than the RS3’s.

Take a look at this.......

[www.youtube.com]
Re: track time
grant - 9 years ago
The 981 is a major step up over a 987 or 997 ( did you have a 911 or Boxster/Cayman..?). In any event, its much easier to go fast in the new car , both 991 and 981 - enjoy.

The Yoko AD08Rs are a terrific track and street tire. Marginal in wet once they begin to wear. They will be my next street tire.

For pads, have you considered Stoptech 309s? 1200 degF, quiet, cheap. Not nearly the "bite" of yellos, but maybe 1/4 the price and totally street freindly.

Look forward to seeing your video later

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I cant offer much in the way of commentary and judgement, but it certainly looked like a nice, smooth, well executed lap to me! The tires were happy enough to sing occasionally :-) Car seems so strong - accelerating briskly -- nice. I find the contrast between the wide open parts of Sebring (lots, LOTS of run-off) and what appear to be basically tunnels with striped walls - a la Watkins Glens blue bushes.

Anyway thanks. I think i'll watch it again to get a better feel. One of these days i hope to come down and run it - maybe with some of you guys.

Grant

Grant

MikenOH - 9 years ago
Looking good, Harvey.

I've been using pagid RS29 pads all around this year and like them--long wearing, easy on rotors and plenty of stopping power. Coupled with Nt01s it's a very durable combination providing great braking and handling.

Next stop-- add some data to your video.
MikenOH
Looking good, Harvey.

That's a great suggestion.....what should I add? I'm not connected to a in car data recorder.
MikenOH - 9 years ago
Harvey in FL
MikenOH
Looking good, Harvey.

That's a great suggestion.....what should I add? I'm not connected to a in car data recorder.

Do you have an Iphone or Android OS phone?
MikenOH
Harvey in FL
MikenOH
Looking good, Harvey.

Do you have an Iphone or Android OS phone?

Android OS phone
MikenOH - 9 years ago
I just sent you a PM with a lot of data on how I do my track video.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2014 06:15PM by MikenOH. (view changes)
I'm having some issues making it work

Grant

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login