Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
...feels good.

Just got back from a great trip to Italy with a few other couples. We met all of them through PCA and/or BRBS. Amazing the terrific people one meets because of these fabulous cars.

Got out for my first drive in the CURVEN8R. WOW!! Makes me REALLY appreciate the Boxster after driving a Fiat 500L diesel. Manual gear box that felt like a stir stick in Jello. Put your right foot down .....aaaaannnnnd nnnotthhhing seeeeeeeeems toooooo haaaaappen. Relatively cheap to run though, with fuel running about $2.40 per liter = $9 per gallon. It got the job done.

I used to think that drivers were bad here in NA. Seems like in Italy they don't have rules of the road. Instead, they have suggestions of the road. It's almost like organize chaos. No road rage though. Lots of horn beeps just to let you know they're coming through - just a kind of laissez faire attitude and everyone seems to accept it. It certainly shows in the cars. Not surprisingly, most had dents and scrapes. I sure wouldn't want to drive my own car in Italy.

In the 17 days we were there we saw about 9 Boxsters and a dozen 911's and quite a few Cayennes and a few Panameras. Only spotted one Ferrari.

Great trip, but also glad to be back.
Really?

:-)

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
(although that trick was done once, also with fish)

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: Baaaack smiling bouncing smiley
Naples986 - 9 years ago
Great to read you & the gang had a good time and made it home safely. I know what you mean, it's great to travel but at some point it's also good to be home.
And an equally wonderful homecoming.

Welcome back ! smiling smiley
Welcome Back
Joanne in OC - 9 years ago
I remember the traffic in Italy.... It was CRAZY. At one point everyone was just sitting there, non lines of cars, just a bunch of cars. I guess one car just got tired of it, so the 4 guys got out of the car, picked up and turned it around and then worked their way out of the congestion. I couldn't believe it.... You're correct, lots of cars with dents and I could see why. Even when seeing a car alone on the street they didn't see to drive straight or even pick a particular side of the road to drive on. A very different world.

Joanne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login