Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Experiences? One of the few real track pads i can get for the Audi' HP-2s, and i might give them a try in the 986S at some point.

Their data sheets have little data (e.g.: curves, MOT data..)

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I spoke to Porterfield today. After a typically vacuous email reply, i called in and spoke to someone who knew a heck of a lot about brakes.

Finding #1: he really likes the StopTech 309 pads, as a street able track pad or vice-verse depending on your perspective. Had really nice things to say about them. Only surprise is that no one seems to talk about them in "serious" circles except me.

Finding #2: the R-4 (full race) will sustain about another 300 degrees without melting or galling the rotors, and will maintain nearly twice the Cf of the 309s at the very elevated temperatures (say, 500-1000 degF). But it will apparently wear very, very fast on the street and have only about a Cf of .35 there (not so bad in my opinion, step on the damn pedal, will ya?).

They also have a nice attitude - aside from being helpful, they will mold any brake that they have a mold for, even if they no longer stock it - for example my Audi's rare and old Lucas-Girling HP-2s - a really nice, but rare caliper.

They also like the Raybestos pads if one needs stupidly high temperatures. I don't. and they cost $$$$.

Pads are available for 986 and S, cant say for later cars but i assume so.

Still interested in "BTDT" if any of you have in fact BT and DT.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login